New Sharpening Jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Looks pretty cool to me. I have tried various options none of which I was pleased with. There are a few build your own jig options around but I am sure this probably would be a little more precision. I may consider this my self. Thanks for the link.

marcruby

It looks good to me - nicely thought out and at a good price. I wouldn't be able to use it on my skews (I use a curved grind) but otherwise it would be perfect. I like all the index markings too. Maybe it's time to switch.

Marc

keithkarl2007

at the moment its just those markets and i think it said it was at that price until the end of the month:mad: yeah at that price until the end of the month, looked at the link again

Last edited:

ngeb528

Great Sharpening Jig!

We just got this sharpening jig and it is amazing!
LOML has been sharpening the chisels manually and has been doing an pretty good job. This system made us realize how much better chisels cut if they are sharpened the right way.

If you have a grinder and need an inexpensive but highly effective universal type system, take a look at this one.

Here's the link again: https://www.teknatool.com/products/Other/Sharpening_Centre/Sharpening_centre.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll give you any info I can on this.

Nancy

kevinbrown22

I purchased this jig and have been using it for about 3 weeks. I'm a NOOB so take the grain of salt. It works OK and I'm not disappointed for what it costs but I have problems stopping the platform from moving. I have to use pliers to tighten it enough not to slip. This is a PITA and I find myself using the platform on the other wheel if I need to change the angle. Also you have to remove the platform (where are those d*** pliers) to use the fingernail jig. For what it's worth the Wolverine system seems better made, as it should be it costs twice as much.

ngeb528

I purchased this jig and have been using it for about 3 weeks. I'm a NOOB so take the grain of salt. It works OK and I'm not disappointed for what it costs but I have problems stopping the platform from moving. I have to use pliers to tighten it enough not to slip. This is a PITA and I find myself using the platform on the other wheel if I need to change the angle. Also you have to remove the platform (where are those d*** pliers) to use the fingernail jig. For what it's worth the Wolverine system seems better made, as it should be it costs twice as much.

We haven't had a problem keeping the platform from moving. Nor do we have to remove the platform, just the slide, to use the fingernail jig.

Are you trying to sharpen short chisels? LOML says those he has to sharpen by hand, instead of using the fingernail jig.

Top Bottom