New to me used 16" bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

When I scored all that turning wood the other week I spotted this bandsaw.

Doing a little research, I know it's far from the worlds best bandsaw, but I still decided I needed it.

I had a 14" craftsman that I was moderately happy with but couldn't pass on the extra capacity.

This saw has almost 11" resaw, a 1 1/2 hp motor, bearing guides, a fence, an htc mobile base and a pile of blades. Takes up to a 1" blade.

Price: I offered $250, he talked me down to $200.

Attachments

• image-2642459155.jpg
    image-2642459155.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 322
  • image-823826650.jpg
    image-823826650.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 273
  • image-2385908484.jpg
    image-2385908484.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image-488691790.jpg
    image-488691790.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Are you absolutely sure that, it is a 16" bandsaw...???

I have a 16" bandsaw and the wheel size from the pic (inside the cover), or should I saw, the wheel cover doesn't seem big enough for a 16" wheel. It may have a higher re-sawing capacity but that doesn't mean that is a 16" one, just check it out...!

Even if is a 14", the price is a bargain, and if is a 16" onem you are paying about 1/6 or less of its cost new...!

Cheers
George

wyone

I really hate it when people make me pay LESS than what I offer..

I blew up the picture and it does SAY on the label it is a 16 inch bandsaw. The surprising thing I see is that I don't even see that in the current catalog.

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

Are you absolutely sure that, it is a 16" bandsaw...??? I have a 16" bandsaw and the wheel size from the pic (inside the cover), or should I saw, the wheel cover doesn't seem big enough for a 16" wheel. It may have a higher re-sawing capacity but that doesn't mean that is a 16" one, just check it out...! Even if is a 14", the price is a bargain, and if is a 16" onem you are paying about 1/6 or less of its cost new...! Cheers George

Yes - I am certain it's a 16" bandsaw. That's what grizzly calls it anyway.

Measurement is the throat (blade to riser arm). I know there is some debate on the 'proper' way to figure measurement of a bandsaw.

Old bandsaw is the same design was a 14" and took a 93 1/2" blade. This takes a 111" which I believe some of the rikon 14" saws with the righ resaw capacity do as well.

Dan Masshardt

I really hate it when people make me pay LESS than what I offer.. I blew up the picture and it does SAY on the label it is a 16 inch bandsaw. The surprising thing I see is that I don't even see that in the current catalog.

Grizzly imported this one and then another type of 16" after this one then discontinued the 16" saws in favor of other configurations.

This is really the same design as the 14"'saws just a little bigger.

low_48

I really hate it when people make me pay LESS than what I offer..

I blew up the picture and it does SAY on the label it is a 16 inch bandsaw. The surprising thing I see is that I don't even see that in the current catalog.

Current catalog? That thing must be at least 20+ years old. They stopped making those a LONG time ago.

robutacion

Are you absolutely sure that, it is a 16" bandsaw...??? I have a 16" bandsaw and the wheel size from the pic (inside the cover), or should I saw, the wheel cover doesn't seem big enough for a 16" wheel. It may have a higher re-sawing capacity but that doesn't mean that is a 16" one, just check it out...! Even if is a 14", the price is a bargain, and if is a 16" onem you are paying about 1/6 or less of its cost new...! Cheers George

Yes - I am certain it's a 16" bandsaw. That's what grizzly calls it anyway.

Measurement is the throat (blade to riser arm). I know there is some debate on the 'proper' way to figure measurement of a bandsaw.

Old bandsaw is the same design was a 14" and took a 93 1/2" blade. This takes a 111" which I believe some of the rikon 14" saws with the righ resaw capacity do as well.

Thanks for the confirmation, is obvious that, the bandsaw frame of those, wheel covers are more compact that most 16" bandsaws I've seen, reason of my perception of size but, if it is a 16", is a 16", huh...??

Cheers
George

Top Bottom