New Lathe Workstation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csr67

I recently moved into a new house and was in the process of getting my shop set up again. Previously, my lathe occupied a good portion of my 6' wide workbench, and I really wanted a better solution.

Well along comes my new next door neighbor asking if I had any use for an old "bench" he was throwing away. Turns out the bench was a really nice height adjustable industrial work station! He works for the local tool road authority, and they recently went cashless and got rid of these money counting benches. The bench is rock solid. It has height adjustable legs, two heavy steel drawers, and an 8 outlet plug strip across the rear.

I added a plywood backstop, overhead LED light, and storage bins. It makes a great workstation for both my lathe and polisher. Everything I use to make pens is in one place and my big workbench is clear again for other work!

dfe31a842a037780b0894c5eaddb8bfe.jpg

1a0e73a050be695f1152dd257242dce3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome! I need to visit my neighbors. :biggrin: The tray arrangement gives me inspiration for my metal lathe tools. And I could use one of those lights above the bench. It looks nice and bright. :wink: Well done! And thanks for posting this.

You might cut a hole for that cup. I've spilled more than one cup of coffee...and beer. Just a thought

Last edited:

Skie_M

Nice grab, but florescent lights aren't for me ... I get migraines.

If you find that you get a lot of headaches for some reason while working at your lathe station (or around florescent lights), ask your doctor if you might have sensitive eyes ... some people can see the 60hz flicker in the lights and it bothers us.

csr67

Nice grab, but florescent lights aren't for me ... I get migraines.

If you find that you get a lot of headaches for some reason while working at your lathe station (or around florescent lights), ask your doctor if you might have sensitive eyes ... some people can see the 60hz flicker in the lights and it bothers us.

There are no fluorescent lights in my entire shop. The light above the lathe is LED, as are the other 8 lights in my shop. I love the LED's, no flicker, instant full brightness, and no heat.

Top Bottom