NEJE Laser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

Yes. However be aware that there is an updated version with a larger table listed here for $69.

It has a 100mm x 90mm carving area vs the 42mm x 42mm platform of the previous models. I returned the 1500mW Amazon one and replaced it with this one. Works great. It is 1000mW vs 1500mW but everything I could find said there was no difference in performance between the two and I noticed no difference. I believe that with the upgraded mother board that accepts both 2 & 4 pin lasers it is usable with Grbl software but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

cmiller

Hi all, I'd like to get one of these laser engravers, but would never risk buying something like the neje 1500 with the horrible reviews it's getting. 32% one star? Sounds bad. I was looking at this one, does anyone have experience with it? Is there a rotary jig you can find that will work with it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8QPRXX/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07H8QPRXX&pd_rd_w=JanSo&pf_rd_p=f0dedbe2-13c8-4136-a746-4398ed93cf0f&pd_rd_wg=FXnLv&pf_rd_r=7VXSK7DSTF6HQBX15D11&pd_rd_r=edcc5a38-0b07-11e9-8d13-d5ed4d8cec35

sbwertz

Hi all, I'd like to get one of these laser engravers, but would never risk buying something like the neje 1500 with the horrible reviews it's getting. 32% one star? Sounds bad. I was looking at this one, does anyone have experience with it? Is there a rotary jig you can find that will work with it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8QPRXX/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07H8QPRXX&pd_rd_w=JanSo&pf_rd_p=f0dedbe2-13c8-4136-a746-4398ed93cf0f&pd_rd_wg=FXnLv&pf_rd_r=7VXSK7DSTF6HQBX15D11&pd_rd_r=edcc5a38-0b07-11e9-8d13-d5ed4d8cec35

I've had the 1500 for over a year now, and use it almost daily to engrave names on pens for the Center for the blind. My son has one, also, and so does a friend. Only problem any of them has had was my friend tried to plug the cable in without looking, and it was not oriented properly. She pushed harder and bent the connector so badly it broke the solder joint. Not the NEJE's fault! I did buy a couple of replacement lasers when they were on special several months ago. I think they were $13 each. Changing them is about a 10 minute job, according to a youtube video.

I carry mine back and forth to the blind center in a cardbox in a tote bag, sort of stacked on top of a bunch of other things. It isn't delicate!

Before I bought the 1500, I had the 1000. I gave it to my brother who is still using it with no problems. Only reason I upgraded was to get a longer focal distance that allows me to burn larger diameter objects, like bottle stoppers or ice cream scoop handles.

Last edited:

gtriever

I actually have both the 1500mW and 3000mw. The only issues I've had are (a) with the 1500, it didn't like the latest version of the software (v3.x) - but runs fine on v2.0, and (b) both are a little touchy to get items aligned properly.

I'm writing off (b) because I'm still learning how to use these, since I've only had them for a few weeks. I just got the rotary jig attached to the 1500mW. My intention is to use that one only for pens, and to do all the other work with the 3000mw.

One other thing : With the 1500mW, the x-y movements are separate with the x (laser diode) mounted at the top and the y (table) at the bottom. On the 3000mw, both movements are at the top. The "common" rotary jig is designed to work with the former.

Darley

For all you Facebook people there is an NEJE Facebook page.

Correct and if some people are interested Bob Pearce the creator of the pen attachment jig got an article in the,

"" More Woodturning Magazine "" coming out tomorrow morning , that off course if you got a subscription with it

Last edited:

sbwertz

Thanks for the response, Sharon, glad you got one of the good ones. Do you use the rotary jig with it?

No, I haven't used the jig because we usually just put one line names on the pens down there, and I haven't had a need for it. The few times I've had to do two lines, I just rotated it by hand. My son made me some pen holders on his 3D printer for the table to hold the pens in position and keep them square, so I can roll them without getting them out of alignment.

Loucurr

For all you Facebook people there is an NEJE Facebook page.

Correct and if some people are interested Bob Pearce the creator of the pen attachment jig got an article in the,

"" More Woodturning Magazine "" coming out tomorrow morning , that off course if you got a subscription with it

I just got the jig from Benson "Bob" Pace. Very well constructed and is more versatile than the TShadow jig. You can do closed end pens, bottle stoppers, and rings with it. It was also cheaper.

Magicbob

Sharon, do you have one of our jigs?

I've had the 1500 for over a year now, and use it almost daily to engrave names on pens for the Center for the blind. My son has one, also, and so does a friend. Only problem any of them has had was my friend tried to plug the cable in without looking, and it was not oriented properly. She pushed harder and bent the connector so badly it broke the solder joint. Not the NEJE's fault! I did buy a couple of replacement lasers when they were on special several months ago. I think they were $13 each. Changing them is about a 10 minute job, according to a youtube video.

I carry mine back and forth to the blind center in a cardbox in a tote bag, sort of stacked on top of a bunch of other things. It isn't delicate!

Before I bought the 1500, I had the 1000. I gave it to my brother who is still using it with no problems. Only reason I upgraded was to get a longer focal distance that allows me to burn larger diameter objects, like bottle stoppers or ice cream scoop handles.

Top Bottom