Need Suggestions for Garage Dust Control

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thawkins87

To sum up a long story, we recently moved to a new house, and I no longer have a dedicated/isolated woodworking shop; my shop is now going to be the 3rd car area of a 3 car garage. However, after day one of building some shelves, I have realized that my makeshift dust collector (read: shop vac) is not doing enough to keep the dust from finding its way to the other side of the garage and covering my wife's car. Does anyone have any suggestions or personal experience for what I can try to keep dust out of the other side of the garage? I had contemplated just building a floating wall there but there are some built in shelves and a structural beam preventing me from doing that (or at least would make it a lot more difficult). Has anyone ever utilized some sort of curtain or something to fix a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
As long as you only run one tool at a time this may help you. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/rikon-portable-dust-collector-with-wall-mount

I do not own one, but noticed on sale in a Woodcraft Ad yesterday and thought it might be a step up from the shop vac and Dust Deputy I use now. But, in my opinion, as long as you are in an open area dust is going to make it's way throughout the space.

JimB

Many people use clear shower curtains to keep dust within their shops. I use a tarp to separate my shop from the rest of the basement. Works great.

Top Bottom