My shop in Sydney - pics fixed thanx Doghouse!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin_F

Hi, To stay true to my word (in the Introductions discussion) here are some snaps of my shop in Sydney. They are (in clockwise order), The lathe

200561623032_lathe.jpg

The roller door

20056162313_roller.jpg

The Bandsaw, drill press, sander bench

200561623137_band.jpg

The assembly area

20056162320_assem.jpg

I think what I am missing is a rack for the turning tools - I have a lathe mounted block of balckbutt to hold 8 of the frequently used ones but have many more sitting in the shavings under the lathe. I would love some suggestions from you all about how I might make a rack (and where to put it - on the wall behind the lathe?). I would love any feedback you might like to give...

PS: did you notice the fridge in the corner? I think you should have a few coldies to celebrate a particularly good finish! (One the rare occasion I get one!;))

Open to critique, always, and respectful of the knowledge lurking in cyberspace.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

Hi Justin,
Welcome to the group. You have asked for suggestions for holding your tools. Last weekend I was at Harbor Freight and found some 'bungi cord' thingys for peg board. My lathe is next to my radial arm saw, so I attached the peg board to the legs of the RA saw. My digital camera su***, but my sister is in town for the weekend, I'll use her camera to post some pics of my set up, probably post them Saturday night.

JimGo

Nice shop! Welcome to IAP! Where in Syd are you? I lived in Lane Cove for three weeks in 2000 during the Olympics, and spent a lot of time just outside the Olympic village. For those who haven't been there, Sydney is a beautiful city with very frendly people. I hope to get back some day and see more of the rest of the country, too!

Justin_F

Thanks Gerhard! Thats a great rack. for anyone that hasnt looked - i suggest you do. Certainly puts my home made job to shame [;)]
Originally posted by Gerhard Christmann
<br />Hello Justin, hello woodturner

this toolrack whas a presend of an woodturnig friend. It follows my on a lot of shows in Germany and do a realy good job.http://de.msnusers.com/GerhardChristmann/werkstatt.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=44

Hope the pic will work,
best regards from sunny Germany
Gerhard Christmann

Justin_F

Thanks Jim. im over the other side of the harbour from Lane Cove - at a place called Earlwood on the Cooks River. Glad to hear your kind description of Sydney - ive been to the States a couple of times but only got to touch the edges [V]. Justin.
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Nice shop! Welcome to IAP! Where in Syd are you? I lived in Lane Cove for three weeks in 2000 during the Olympics, and spent a lot of time just outside the Olympic village. For those who haven't been there, Sydney is a beautiful city with very frendly people. I hope to get back some day and see more of the rest of the country, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom