my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
G'Day Ron, I'M Trying, I'm trying. Sunday morning I stood in the front of my lathe, I was reaching for the switch when I thought of you shed, I looked around mine and thought stuff it. So spent the day the day cleaning up, One bench top is cleared, some of the stuff that was put out side the last couple of attempt of cleaning has been sorted, put away, or dumped.
A couple of weeks ago I got some more power points put in my shed , to get to the switch board I had to move my reloading press, taking a couple of steps back I stumbled on something and almost went head over heels, the shot container snapped off. Result 10 Kg of number 7 shot on the floor. I'm still finding pellets in places where I would have thought It was impossible for them to get.
Friday is a pubic holiday ANZAC Day, after the dawn service I'm going to come straight home and continue.
By the way You don't want to come and give me a hand?
Cheers ,
Bob.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonInSpringTX

G'day Bob!! I didn't mean to make you not want to turn anything!![8D] "stuff it" is that kinda like "to hell with it"??:D It's just when I get in that state of mind of cleaning the shop, I usually don't stop, unless it's to make another peg-board, shelf between the studs, etc. On your power points (I assume bullets?) Sorry to hear about the buck/shotgun shot, you obviously reload your own!! I'd make a guess you hunt sometimes. Just wondered where in the "down-under" are you located, what do you hunt? Do they have different regulated seasons like here in the U.S./Texas?? Just curious!! I'd like to Google your location sometime!! And, sure I'll come & help you. Are you gonna buy the air-fare??? hehehe[8D] I looked up Anzac Day, I guess it's kind of like our Memorial Day (May 31st) or our Veterans Day. cool !! I read it was for your World War I vets & been doing it since 1914. Don't know that much about the Aussie history, but I'm sure it's very interesting!! I believe the Skylab crashed near Perth, it killed one cow, or so they say!! (1979) Speaking of the subject of history, today is Texas' Independence Day (April,21 1836) It's called San Jacinto Day.(a place just southeast of here, there's a monument, the tallest in the world.) That's where they had only about 300 men VS couple of thousand Mexican Armey led their pres/emperor Santa Ana (history calls him the Napolean of the West) well they shouted "remember the Alamo" Ok, gotta crash, you're probably up already & gone to "work" I stay at home, My shop is my employment!! Brenda (my wife) makes enough (a hospital system analyst I.T. geek I guess you could say) Could talk about my state forever, I love it, don't care about the heat, humidity, etc.
OK, gonna crash...

g'nite / g'morning Bob!!!!

later Ronnie

wm460

G'Day or rather Good Evening Ron,
I don't find history boring, especially military history.

I live in Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, last time I looked on Google earth there was a road train just north of the town.

Yeah I like hunting but haven't been out for about 3 years or so.
There are some regulation some animals etc, but open season on feral species.

When you say your shop is your employment, do you run a business out of it or just work in it for pleasure, that's what I would like to do. Send the misses to work and I stay home. Just think there's 24 hour in a day she works 8 hours now, if she get another full time job that's 16 hours, which give her 8 hours to do all the cooking, cleaning, washing etc, oh there's the weekend she would be able to get a part time job to stop herself getting bored.

I spent most of ANZAC week end cleaning my shed, Yesterday finally got my band saw of the pallet it came on a frame with wheels, Both benches cleared, We have another long week end on the first Monday of May so hope to finish of my cleaning.
All the best,
Bob.[|)]

RonInSpringTX

G'morning/G'Day Bob. I have to laugh my butt off at your dream situation at home. That's not right, lol!!! I know you're kidding. (I hope) My wife loves her job & loves what I do, she encourages it. It was her idea to start doing the pen turning, etc in the first place. She figures I take care of everything at home (repairs, etc., I don't do cleaning/dishes!! lol) so, she supports me in my woodworking. I don't make just pens. I made a bunch of stuff around the house, will send pics if you want.
I'm trying to clean up my shop again as we speak (well last night, anyway!) Had to watch the Astros game (baseball) We just went thru an ordeal, the HOA(homeowners association), a thing they have here in the U.S. in probably most cities/communities. They're telling us we need to paint the house. They're really able to do what they want/ask & it sucks!! (to keep up the community housing standards.) We call them the neo-nazi home owners assoc. oh, well, if you don't comply with them, they put a lien against your house. (a hold on the house in case it's sold, etc). Hey, I don't wanna bore all the other members on here(probably done it enough alrady!!) so how about going thru email. Mine is roninhtown@aol.com Catch ya later Bob, G'day!!!

RonInSpringTX

:D:D:D Hey Bob, lol on the correct salute, I did, but it doesn't help if they don't see it!!. We went ahead and put new siding on the house. (called Hardi-Plank, just about like cement board. (stuff like you lay down befor you lay tile.) Two sides of the house are lower brick, upper siding, the back is all siding.They did it for $12,000 (US) Three Mexicans did it in 4 days. It looks great, but they left probably a 1/2 pound of nails in the grass near the house!! oh well!!I hope you haven't made your wife get another job, & I hope you finished cleaning your shop!!! Now, don't ya feel better???Now it'll be easier to keep it clean!!!! NOT!!!!:D:D:D

wm460

I tried sending an email to you yesterday using your email address you gave me, but when I hit send it disappeared, when I saw your message realised you didn't receive it. So hunted around and found it some how went to another email address of ours. So I have had another go, should be a photo with it.

I stuffed my back at work last Wednesday, that put a stop to it,:( but I finally got around to drawing up plans etc for things I have done around the house, pergola's etc.
Lucky we don't have the Sieg Hail mob like you do as some of the things have been built for 5 or 6 years, as soon As I'm mobile again when I can climb a ladder to get a couple more measurement then I will be able to submit them and hopefully have them approved.
You will have to send some photo's of your new siding.
So you had three Victorians doing the work:D:D, over here Victorians are called Mexicans because they live south of the border (The Murry River.)
A long time ago I pulled the Hardie Plank from under 5 of my windows so I could seal and paint them properly, after starting they got moved around the Yard finally into my shed put in the front of one of my benches and they gave me the poos there, they are sealed, primed, undercoated ready to painted as so as I'm fit and its a calm day.
Hope you don't have to much trouble picking up all your nails.
Well must go the dog is hassling me for a game of ball.
Cheers,
Bob.

RonInSpringTX

hey Bob, still haven't got an email from you. (Sure you aren't hitting the Foster's twelve pack while doing email??:D:D:D)
Just kidding. The email is Roninhtown@aol.com (Ron In Htown at aol.com no spaces, caps don't matter.) Try emailing me direct from your email site instead of going through this one. I had an email from a guy near here in my spam folder when I just checked it so this site might be the problem, I don't know!!
OK, "stuffed" your back?? is that like throwing it out?? lower spasm trouble, etc?? Sorry to hear that!! Also, pergola's??? What is that?? Oh, so you do have a sort of neo-nazi homeownerss association, huh?? LOL:D I hate them!!!
I hope you don't have anything exposed where you took the Hardi Plank off!!! either that or y'all have great weather!!
Oh, the Victorians, as you call them, are also from south of our border (Texas, U.S.)from Mexico they are illegal aliens, it's a big deal here in the U.S. They come in anywhere from our southern border from Brownsville, all the way thru New Mexico, Arizona, and California (all U.S. states) No big deal on the nails, the job supervisor came over last Tuesday to put on the rain gutters in the back & had like a 3' (meter, lol) wide magnet on rollers that picked up a bunch more, although we've still found a few!! Hey he bought a bottle stopper & a pen for $40.00 (u.s.) so that was good!! Well need to go to the classifieds & try & sell some Astros tickets (baseball) ... We bought a six game package & the seats turned out to be not that great. Keep in touch!!
Hope your back feels better... less "stuffed". We will take some pics of the siding & send them!! Later!!

cheers (as I grab another brewski!!)
Ronnie

RonInSpringTX

Hey Bob, read your emails a few days ago, got some of your pics, your dog & that tool, a scraper?? I couldn't download/view the zip file you sent. (I'm using the Microsoft Vista now, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not!!) It may be AOL, not sure. But it may be on your Yahoo end. Anyway, you can resend if you want!!

Ronnie

RonInSpringTX

Bob, I forgot to say, I hope you're back is feeling better & you're back on your feet, etc!! Let me know how it's going!!!

g'morning/g'nite

Ronnie

wm460

Thanks mate,
I just spent about 4 hours putting in photos and description of My Shed had it all finished then hit reset form instead of submit reply so had to do it all again:(:(
I just posted " My Shed " let me know what you think.;)
That tool was a 3/8 bowl gouge.
I have to see the Doc tomorrow to find out if its OK to go back to work.
I will get in contact in the next couple of days
cheers,:D:D
Bob.

RonInSpringTX

so is that it on the comments/suggestions?? Nobody wants to show their shop....C'mon!!!! Maybe if I keep these annoying little notes going, it'll still catch people's eyes!!!

later, Ronnie oh, update, wife finally finished all the kitchen floor, tile, grout, base boards...YESSSS!!! Now she want's me to pour some concrete near the house in the back so we can put an overhang/whatever, to make a porch.... UUUUGGGGHHHH!!! make it stop!!

RonInSpringTX

Hey Bob, thought I'd holler at ya on here, too. (keeps our 2 threads on top, hehe) hey, the wife loves to do the tile, she's better at it than me!! I just do the wood work stuff. I did mix the shellac/garnet chips w/denatured alcohol & coat the base boards. And
I cut the stuff to fit, etc. Brenda loves remodeling, but I need to be turning in the shop!!!We got a craft show in the late summer, around beginning of Sept. on the weekend (our "Labor Day" holiday). Hey Bob, gonna watch the re-broadcast game of the Astros (baseball) Wish I could help you with the back thing, wish you had a hot-tub!! So Cooper is the name of your dog and your favorite beer/ale ??? I'll have to find some pics of our mutt. His name is Bear. Part hound/lab (I think) & german shepherd, so they say because of his coat/color. He can catch a frisbee, big time!! Well, go ice up some Coopers for me!! I'll finish mine, nite/g'morning.

Ronnie

wm460

G'Day Ronnie, Your lucky you have a practical wife, is she any good at cement render that what I need here.
Did you sell your tickets? Second day back at work I'm one light duties not allowed to lift more than 5kg 2.25 lb to a 1 kg if I remember rightly. How did you get the photos of your shop so big? I'm very new at this computer game only got one because the wife needed it as shes studying to be a nurse.
Well got to go there a show on TV I want to watch,
Cheers Bob.

RonInSpringTX

howdy Bob, what is "cement render" ?? Sorry to hear on your limit on more than 2-1/2 lbs. What kind of work do you do?? The shop photos were taken with a digital camera, then uploaded to the computer downstairs, then it was cropped / resized (it has to be under a 100 kb photo) using a program called Compupic..... you can download it, don't think it's that much, I've had it for over 9 yrs. Unfortunately, it don't work on my puter in my bedroom, (running Vista) you can resize them, save them off, etc. What computer game?? lol, you're just now trying one?? I've got a bunch but they won't work on Vista, UGH!!! Cool on your wife and the nursing thing, that's what my wife is, got 2 degrees, she's more into the I.T. or I.S.(information technology or info systems, she's more into the systems) Well, need to get up early, go to my brother's off the lake, gonna bbq some of my babyback ribs, mmmm and they're gonna do some crawfish/creyfish/whatever you wanna call 'em!! (like a really small lobster if you don't know!!)
later
cheers, Ronnie

wm460

G,Day Ronnie,
How to describe cement render, my house is what we call solid brick that is an out side layer layer then a cavities then an inside layer, the inside wall is covered with a mix of cement lime and fine sand mixed with water and put on in two 1/2" layers then smoothed. Does this make sense.
The computer game is trying to learn how to use it, I got a book Called A Complete idiot guide To Window XP
But it doesn't help much.
Whats Babyback ? Your crawfish's is probably same as our Yabbies, Been thinking about going out to a waterhole down the road to get some for quite a while now. Hope you have an enjoyable time at the lake.
Well its 3.30 am better make this do,
Cheers Bob.

1JaredSchmidt

I just have a small corner in our shop with no wall space hardly. I just cleaned it all up because my brother is moving into another shop. I'm talking a 20'x40' shop with lots of machinery in it. Hardly any walking room. I was lucky I found some room for my lathe. That 8' Vega lathe and 10' bandsaw with 3' table is sitting out in someone else's shed. My dad builds cabinets and my older brother builds cabinet and interior doors. He's moving so I get some of his space.:D My little brother does some scrollsaw,so he needs some space too. Thanks for the pics. Gave me some ideas.:D:D

RonInSpringTX

Jared... an 8 foot lathe, a 10 foot bandsaw, a 3 foot table saw?? Did you mean feet or inches?? If they build cabinets I can understand the "foot", you could do big logs/trees with a 10 foot bandsaw!!! Lemme know, would love to see pictures!!! Thanks for the compliments, anything you wanna see closer, lemme know....wish I had a 20x40 shop!!!!

later Ronnie

RonInSpringTX

Howdy Bob, it sounds like the "render" is like our cement board, they may sell it in 1/2" but I think we mostly have 3/8" I believe. It's what we use before you put tile down on top of a cabinet, etc. (on top of plywood) "Babyback" ribs are the those from smaller pigs, bred for that purpose pretty much. (smaller thinner bones, not as big as beef ribs) It's like a slimmer pork loin w/rib bones in it. Cook a couple of hours @ around 275 (F) get some store bought bbq sauce, 3 or 4 kinds, mix it with brown sugar & honey, baste honey on them, splash the bbq sauce on them, wrap them in foil, put 'em back on the pit for another 2 hrs, about 30 minutes before you take 'em off, take 'em out of the foil, then I coat them in a pineappe/habanero jelly/jam, sometimes I add some mango or papaya to the mixture when my wife is "canning" it. (actually putting in jars for storage, with the tops that "pop") Hope you understand, this is weird explaining stuff we take for granted!!:D you damn aussie!! (J/K) your Yabbies, sound like our craw/crayfish, crawdads, mudbugs, lol. They have the best ones in Louisiana (just east of Texas, we're right near the border!) lotta swamps where they go nuts growing!! Well, it's close to 3 a.m. here!! guess I'll crash & burn. I guess you are about 12 hrs behind us, huh?? When I wake up it'll be Sunday a.m , are you going to be on Monday??
later buddy,

Ronnie

wm460

G'Day Ronnie,
Its 6.59 sun evening here I think your behind us.
The cement render is mixed up in a cement mixer then put on the brick wall with a trowel.
Your babyback sounds good, pineapple and habanero jam sounds good as well.
Your canning is probably the same as our preserving, we don't do it here some time freeze some paw paw (papaya) or mango. Beetroot is the only thing that we have preserved and every couple of years we make a big batch of tomato sauce.
Cheers Bob.

1JaredSchmidt

Ok. The Vega lathe is 8 feet long with a 15 inch diameter. The bandsaw is 10 feet tall with a 3 foot table. The bandsaw has a clearance of 2 feet,I think. I can e-mail you some pics. I only have a 4ft.x3ft. corner in our shop. The Vega lathe also has a outboard turning spindle so you can turn outboard up to 32 inches.

wm460

G'Day Ronnie,
First day back on the lathe since I started to clean up my shed, It was good to make chips fly again. It must be nearly a month since I last turned the lathe on, I was getting withdrawal symptoms.
I turned a screw driver handle out of ceder put a mix of estopole and thinner on it just waiting for it to dry.
It has been quite chilly in the mornings here went out to the shed at 7am this morning shorts and T shirts, looked at the thermometer it was 16 degrees C had to go back in side to put something warmer on.
This is my 100 post.
Well got to go now,
Cheers Bob.

RonInSpringTX

howdy Bob, good for you and turning again!!! I turned an ambrosia maple bottle stopper tonight, gonna start sanding/finishing it tomorrow.

cheers, Ronnie

desertyellow

I agree with your garage.
That is what they were made for.
I don't understand why anyone would park a car in a perfectly good garage.

It looks like a place to have hours and hours of fun.
Thanks for sharing

Tony Las Vegas

RonInSpringTX

howdy Jared, dunno what a money blank would look like (I had to re-read it, I thought you said shredded "monkey" blank, whew!! :D )
but a money blank?? think there may be a law against shredding U.S. currency, so be careful!! I've still got some antler racks I got from a neighbor, still need to cut to size, already made a few, but don't have a lot of size on the one's left, so I'll have to cut carefully, sand, etc.

Ronnie

Top Bottom