My Place.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Okay, Saturday morning, nothing to do, so I cleaned my shop and took a couple of pics.The ladies are out of the house, prom is tonight, so I got my stereo blastin and I'm a happy camper. :D

First up is an overall of the two bay garage. The third bay is filled with just stuff, not cars. Delta cabinet saw, Laguna band saw, vac, Mikita compound miter sitting on an old cast iron planer.

200541617500_shop_overall.jpg

Next is a closer view where I do 60% of my work, it's about 9x11 everything I need to drill,cut, sand, buff, sharpen. The scroll saw is just a table. I never use it.

2005416175242_shop_turning.jpg

This is my work bench, cabinet on the left, I store all my finished blanks, the white cabinet has pen blanks allready cut, drilled & tubed, ready to be turned someday. My bench with everything I need within a roll away & my pen rack. The background has blanks stacked from the floor to the cieling. Note my little target. I have an official Olympic 10 meter air pistol range in there as well. You may be able to see some holes in the board above the target. I tell my guests that come over, if you are going to miss, miss high, because if you shoot my wood, I'm gonna be pissed :D

200541618533_shop_penarea.jpg

And last, my new shop [V] I had my pad cut for a 40x40 new shop about 6 months ago, but things keep coming up and then there's that money thing again.....but hopefully it will get done one of these days. I'll have room, a shop with a view and I may never go to the main house again. :D Well.... maybe to eat and BS on the computer..:D Notice the Ocotillio lying on the ground, someday it will make some nice pens [8D]

Thanks for looking at my world in sunny Arizona [8D]

2005416181349_shop_new.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Great shop Anthony, I wish I had all that room and even the view is spectacular. I like the idea of putting pen kits on the stand instead of finding containers suitable.

PenWorks

Well, when your shooting a .177 Oly air pistol,
that 10 ring is pretty small !
We're not shootin the broad side of a barn. [:D]

Daniel

Must be rough having a shop with Zip Codes assigned to it :)
this is my turning zone, and this is my assembly zone, and this is my napping zone. sheesh!
jsut kidding. like I said in anouther thread. your shop looks very much like what I am borrowing from my nephew. I just havn't gotten the zones mapped out yet. but I will. it's gonna be hard to cram myslef into what I plan on building here at home. I have to go smaller not larger :(
I like your pen rack. I wish I ahd jsut the kits that are hanging on it. wish I had reason to own that many kits. ah well I guess if I wanted it bad enough I would start Promoting my penturning eh.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Nice shop and great layout Anthony...a little jealous of the view also...

...I think that cactus in the right hand side of the background is related to the one I have in my great room...mine is about nine feet tall now.!

PenWorks

Daniel, that nap zone is real important [:)]
I think if the new shop gets done, it will have a bed or a couch. [:D]

John, pretty good trick growing cactus in VA [;)]

Daniel

Anthony,
about that nap zone. I think I hae a better name for it.
"The Critical Creativity Lounge" you know dreamin up new ideas.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
My wifes Mom gave it to me about eighteen years ago...it use to go outside for the summer and inside for the winter..untill it got to tall to be moved outside [:)]

200541824811_P4170071.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Daniel, that nap zone is real important [:)]
I think if the new shop gets done, it will have a bed or a couch. [:D]

John, pretty good trick growing cactus in VA [;)]

PenWorks

I would say it is in the pricly pear family....
If yours bears fruit, you can make jam out of it.
http://www.desertusa.com/magoct97/oct_pa/du_prkpear.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom