My "new" workshop...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

Howdy!

I think I finally have my workshop set up the way I want (at least with my current set of tools -- I gotta get me one of those Byrnes table saws!!) and thought I would share some photos.

It is roughly 10 1/2 x 24 feet and about a month or so ago it was a total disaster. The purchase of my new Jet 1221VS lathe gave me the motivation to clean it up and reorganize!

I still need a small band saw and I just discovered the Byrnes saw and now MUST have one! :rolleyes: Would also like to eventually get a scroll saw, dust collection, blank making materials, new house to allow for a bigger shop... :eek:

Attachments

• Workshop-1.jpg
    Workshop-1.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 466
  • Workshop-2.jpg
    Workshop-2.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 496
  • Workshop-3.jpg
    Workshop-3.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 482
  • Workshop-4.jpg
    Workshop-4.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I don't know if I can take this. Another poorly setup shop. Try letting a bunch of kids run around in there for a few hours to get things in the proper order.

Curt

Rink

Looks like a great set-up. Speaking of slippers...I go barefoot in the shop sometimes. I know, I know...it's not a good practice. But it's kinda nice.

stonepecker

Looks like a great set-up. Speaking of slippers...I go barefoot in the shop sometimes. I know, I know...it's not a good practice. But it's kinda nice.

Dropping a 'parting tool' could have a whole new meaning. I will keep wearing my boots.......don't need to gouge the top of my foot.

SteveG

There is a small piece of sawdust located about 2 inches to the left of the L-F wheel of the R-Arm Saw. You better get that taken care of, or you will be assessed 3 demerits and possibly be given Double Secret Probation (Probation only if this is a repeat offense. A record check is in progress as I type this post. Status will be provided in a follow-up post.) :eek::eek::tongue:

allmaclean

I am jealous. It looks impressive. Have to share mine with a couple of cars. Nice in the winter but hot engine blocks make it too uncomfortable in the summer months.

dthayer

I must admit that is part of why I keep the floor swept up -- I'm just about always barefoot! I have paid for it before, though... :doctor:

dthayer

There is a small piece of sawdust located about 2 inches to the left of the L-F wheel of the R-Arm Saw. You better get that taken care of, or you will be assessed 3 demerits and possibly be given Double Secret Probation (Probation only if this is a repeat offense. A record check is in progress as I type this post. Status will be provided in a follow-up post.) :eek::eek::tongue:

Steve, I just went out and spent an hour finding that sawdust. Once I did, I picked it clean with tweezers, vacuumed, swept, mopped, and then repainted the floor. Can I get the demerits expunged from my record now! :eek:

dthayer

Oh Man, that is TOO clean and organised. It sometimes takes me an hour to find something I put away in that "Special" place, you know, the one that you will remember with no problem.
Congratulations on a great set-up.

Bob

Yeah, I have a bunch of those "Special" places -- now if I could just remember where they were... :confused:

dthayer

I am jealous. It looks impressive. Have to share mine with a couple of cars. Nice in the winter but hot engine blocks make it too uncomfortable in the summer months.

I know the feeling. Our garage is just through the open door down from the radial arm saw in the photos. The wife has strict orders to not pull in the car after work on hot days! :rolleyes:

SteveG

Steve, I just went out and spent an hour finding that sawdust. Once I did, I picked it clean with tweezers, vacuumed, swept, mopped, and then repainted the floor. Can I get the demerits expunged from my record now! :eek:

Gee Dirk, I would like to help you directly, but this matter is out of my hands now. It has been passed along to the Inappropriate Sawdust Committee. I will insure they receive your updated info, which clearly indicates your repentant attitude and willingness to learn from mistakes. Preliminary indications show this is your first offense, so you may get out of this with just a warning. We are rooting for you on this. We do not want to see your shop get confiscated. :eek: Just keep your record (and your shop) clean and you should be OK!

What a great workshop. Nice mate, nice. I clean up my mess as my first job in the morning as I never notice tiredness or hunger creep up on me. When it does hit me I generally need to leave the workshop quite quickly. I swear my missus thinks I rarely tidy though. I just point out the colour of the dust has changed today .....

Joe_C

Howdy ...

I still need a small band saw and I just discovered the Byrnes saw and now MUST have one! :rolleyes: Would also like to eventually get a scroll saw, dust collection, blank making materials, new house to allow for a bigger shop... :eek:

I've got plenty of dust your welcome to! :laugh:

Rockytime

[quote=Heartwoodturning;<SNIP> I swear my missus thinks I rarely tidy though. <SNIP>

My queen of clean thinks my shop is also not tidy enough. For cryin' out loud, I don't eat on the shop floor.

Top Bottom