My New turning Studio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

It's even heated,
I can't actually turn here yet. Gotta wait till Christmas for my new shop vac. yes i know what I am getting I had to carry it out of the store for my wife.
this is in our bedroom, (Her Idea) but finally can get back to turning pens soon. the sharpening machine and wood will stay out back. the drill Press and saws will be at my nephews house 20 miles away. i can design pens here at home. go out to the nephews and cut and drill blanks, then bring them home for all the fun stuff.

20041222222611_2004_1221Image0002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Is that really fair---Having heat in the shop.
Just think about us who have to build a fire so we can have heat hours later.
Next thing you know they will have AC also.
Real nice looking Lathe.

jkirkb94

Do you really have to wait? Couldn't you just push the shavings into a pile then sweep them up with a broom and dustpan? What about the house vacuum?[}:)] Isn't that what those extra attachments are for[?][:D] I guess you are lucky enough as it is and I shouldn't be trying to get you in trouble.[:)] Kirk[8D]

tipusnr

"You are a better man than I, gunga din." Travel from place to place to go from tree to pen?!? Still, if you can get your wife to let you have another interest, other than her, in the bedroom....I pale in your presence!!!!

Seriously, I hope this allows you to be as creative (and dedicated) in turning as you have been in helping this group survive. Tell the spousal unit thanks from the Tipster!

Daniel

To keep iy all in prespective fellas. about Six months ago my wife asked me to spend $5,000 dollars of my money to move us in with her mother so she can be cared for due to helth. the $5,000 went to convert the garage. the only shop space, into anouther bedroom and larger kitchen. this is my thank you. the only thing I cared a house had was a shop and I had to get rid of it. I spent $65,000 to buy out her brothers half of it and now we own it but I have to spend more to make anouther shop eventually. well my wife has decided I've been pushed about as far as I had ever better be. I'm a nice guy but I have my limits. she thought some turning time would be good for me.

Woodbutcher68

Just think about us who have to build a fire so we can have heat hours later.
Next thing you know they will have AC also.

I have heat in the summer and AC in the winter in my garage! What more could you ask for???

Couldn't you just push the shavings into a pile then sweep them up with a broom and dustpan?

How 'bout pushing them under the bed?

Maybe that's why I'm single again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom