My New Shop: I think it will suffice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

After months and months of property related legal issues (and thousands of dollars), my wife, children and myself have moved onto a beautiful piece of property. The kids are happy as we are no longer in the middle of the city; they can run and play a lot, they can enjoy the fish in the pond, the ducks, and everything else. My wife now has a larger kitchen, our own bathroom (not to be shared with the kids), her own shop for jewelry, clay, kids crafts, etc.. And, I've got a large front porch, a bigger house, much more to mow, and a small shop for my pen turning. Below are a few shots:

The front of the shop:

The shop from the porch:

My lathe made it home:

Now my turning area is getting set up:

I still have a long ways to go. I'm buying an Oneida dust collection system off of another local turner. I have another lathe that goes in the mix, but needs a restoration (~1942 Walker Turner). I haven't photo'd since I moved my bandsaw and small dust collector over, and I need to find a decent table saw to invest in. I should have something made in this shop by the end of August! We began this journey last September, and I closed on the property on June 22. I think it's well worth it!

Front yard:

Another part of the front yard:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Awesome - congratulations, Clark.
I know this took a lot of hard work & tears, but it will all be worthwhile for you and the family. Nothing like lots of elbow room!

Cmiles1985

Awesome - congratulations, Clark.
I know this took a lot of hard work & tears, but it will all be worthwhile for you and the family. Nothing like lots of elbow room!

Absolutely! And if you and your wife make it down to Aransas Pass area, I hope y'all will come by! Once it cools off, I'll put together a meeting :)

Ed McDonnell

A shop like that deserves to have something really special made as it's first pen. I'm thinking a really nice Kitless Pen would be perfect. And then you could enter it in the Summer Extravaganza Kitless Contest. A prize winning Kitless Pen would be an ideal way to launch a new shop.

In Case You Missed It...

Congrats on the beautiful new shop and the nice new spread...where's all the cattle and horses...behind the shed? :)

Ed

bobleibo

Clark
I owe you a great big THANK YOU! The boss has been "less than happy" about me taking the 3rd car side of the garage for my shop for quite some time. I showed her this and said this is what I want and she said "What's wrong with what you already have?" Suddenly my shop is not such a problem. Many of us are very jealous...enjoy that new shop.
Cheers
Bob

Cmiles1985

Nice shop. Something I hope to have in a year or so. Can I ask the square footage of your turning palace?

It is 1200sf. I intend for one side to be mostly turning related, the back to be my casting/stabilizing/assembly area, and the other side/middle to be my flatwork/meeting/entertaining area.

bobleibo

Nice shop. Something I hope to have in a year or so. Can I ask the square footage of your turning palace?

It is 1200sf. I intend for one side to be mostly turning related, the back to be my casting/stabilizing/assembly area, and the other side/middle to be my flatwork/meeting/entertaining area.

Holy Schmoly......your shop separate areas plus an area for entertaining guests! My shop only has two areas...inside and outside.

Top Bottom