My new shop area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I recently moved and in that process ended up with a nice new, larger shop (12' by 27'). So I have lots of space now and everything is all set up the way I want it. The only thing I need to add now is my bandsaw. Once I finally stop dithering about which one to get and make a decision, then I should be fully independent and able to do everything by myself! Then I'll just have to find another new toy to buy!

2006194558_Shop1.jpg

20061945525_Shop2.jpg

20061945541_Shop3.jpg

20061945553_Shop4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Angela,
I thought you did woodturning. I don't see any saw dust or wood shavings anywhere in that shop. [:D][:D][:D]
Seroiously, that's one nice looking shop. If your loking for a good bandsaw, I and everyone I know that has one recomends the Grizzly G0555 ultimate bandsaw.

dubdrvrkev

Waay too much empty space! There should be more clutter and shavings. [;)]
How do you like turning with the lathe against the wall? I have mine in the open but considered re-arranging where it would be against the wall but thought I wouldn't like that.

Dario

Nice Angela. Wish I have a shop like that.

As everyone said...way too clean, or are you planning on putting a bed there and do a turn-a-thon?

I see bowl blanks...if you've turned any, please do let us see it. (Never mind I checked your album and saw some there)

Your DC bag looks like hanging...put a sturdy box or a stool under it...you don't want it getting loose or bursting when it is almost full [;)]

Congrats on the new place!

Dario

Another thing I noticed....loose the tochere lamps, it can accumulate dust you can't see and may start a fire. They are notorious for that.

woodwish

Personally I think a clean shop looks good, with everything in a place. Good to see that DC connected to your lathe, protect those lungs! Don't forget to paint those unfinished walls before you get too much stuff in the way to paint it (voice of experience from old shop, new one was painted floor to ceiling before any tools got moved in).

angboy

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I think it's probably too clean because it's a woman's shop, and we're naturally neater than men, aren't we? [}:)] It does help that I just moved in so when I took the pictures, I hadn't actually done very much in it yet. But I am kind of obsessive about keeping things clean and organized, so it probably won't look much different if someone just showed up unexpectedly to look at it.

I've always had my lathe against the wall and like it that way- for some reason it just seemed to me like that was the way it should be- no real logic there.

Dario- thanks for the tip on the DC bag- good idea. Don't worry about the lamps- they don't actually belong there- just kind of being stored there til a coworker comes and gets them. A turn-a-thon would be fun, and there's room for people to sack out in the shop. Trouble is I don't know many people (or in fact any) in rural central NE or who travel here that like making pens!

Fritz, you're right, Santa (AKA Dad) was very nice to me this year. I guess now I have to plan a trip home to help Dad organize!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom