My new shed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

We used to live on 25 acres but found it getting harder to look after, so we sold up and moved back to the suburbs. Took some time to find a property we could both agree on, one of my requirements being a good size shed. I was used to having a 48x25ft shed which was abit too much to hope for in the suburbs but we finally agreed on a property that would take a 36x18ft shed, but quite a bit of earthworks and new fencing and retaining walls was required. So after all that I could finally get my 20ft container with my shed stuff out of storage and start organising the new workspace. Here are some shots I took during that process, still some more work to be done but I'll get there eventually. Much more crowded than the previous workshop, but it all sort of fits in.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 689
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Fred,

That second pic of the inside makes the place to be huge but is deceptive I believe, the areas you have already distributed your equipment and tools seems small compared to the size perception I had initially, one thing is for sure, that painted floor looks stunning and easy to clean.

In general, I would be most happy to have a shed like that, may visit one day...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Curly

Nice digs. My shop if very close to the same area (24 x 28) and it looks big at first, but it shrinks fast as things are brought in. You mentioned a container. Is it staying or going after your empty it?

Lucky2

Holy smokes Fred, what a shop, it's definitely one to be envious of. I'm about to build a new shop, sadly, it won't be near this size. Because of sub-division rules, the largest I can build is 16'x20'. Which is only half the size of my former shop was, and it was far to small. I downsized mt lathe already, I went from a 14"x42" lathe to a Nova Comet ll midi lathe.

Len

pshrynk

Is that another door at the far end in picture #1? Don't you just love the new car smell of a shop that hasn't been overtaken by the detritus of actually doing any work in it?

raar25

What is the silver can on your dust collector?

We used to live on 25 acres but found it getting harder to look after, so we sold up and moved back to the suburbs. Took some time to find a property we could both agree on, one of my requirements being a good size shed. I was used to having a 48x25ft shed which was abit too much to hope for in the suburbs but we finally agreed on a property that would take a 36x18ft shed, but quite a bit of earthworks and new fencing and retaining walls was required. So after all that I could finally get my 20ft container with my shed stuff out of storage and start organising the new workspace. Here are some shots I took during that process, still some more work to be done but I'll get there eventually. Much more crowded than the previous workshop, but it all sort of fits in.

Fred what is the silver can between your dust collector motor and the filter section, is it a baffle to reduce noise?

Top Bottom