My BIG lathe light

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim_K

I like a lot of light when I'm turning. It really makes turning for me more enjoyable. I have a couple of the IKEA lights with homemade magnet mounts that are popular and they are nice but my big gun is an LED loading dock light. This thing is great. I got an open box deal from Amazon for around 1/2 price and it turned out to be brand new with just a slightly torn box.

I have seen a lot of discussions on various groups over the years on lathe lights and wanted to suggest this as an option.

Jim K.

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 458
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim_K

flyitfast

Now you have to get a Powermatic lathe to color match, unless you already have one!!
Looks like a great lamp. I like a lot of light too.
Thanks for showing,
Gordon

Last edited:

sbwertz

I have two 45 inch LED tubes above my lathe. 300 watt equivalent light output (3800 lumens) for 48 watts. It has a motion detector in it and turns on when I go into the shop and turns off ten minutes after I leave. It says operating temperature up to 104 degrees F. But it worked all summer with temps well above that.

I have a set of cabinets above the lathe and the light is mounted on the underside of the cabinets.

Just checked and it is available at COSTCO for $40.

https://www.costco.com/Winplus-45”-LED-Utility-Light-with-Motion-Sensor-.product.100329453.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom