My "Barn" and me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Ludwigsen

12' by 16' with a 6' x 12' storage attachment that I have half-built and need to complete. My goal is to store all the turning wood in the storage attachment. But due to theft in our area, I need to keep room for the kids bikes and the lawnmower in there too. I wanted the door on the side, so the walls are 7' and the doorway is 6' tall. I built a loft for more storage in one end of the barn.

Outside of barn:
Chucks_Shop_003.sized.jpg

Lathe station in barn:
Chucks_Shop_002.sized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hey Chuck!

Nice turning barn! I bet that storage space will be nice when it's done! I noticed the candles by the front door! ;-)

Scott.

ryannmphs

He uses a kerosene (sp?) heater, I know I've been in there working with him. The problem with kerosene is that after a while with it on you have a tendancy to smell like it.

I use a propane heater in my shop, er garage. takes it a while to warm up, but then again here in TN it's not like we have that many days of below freezing weather.

Ryan

C_Ludwigsen

Thanks Scott. I keep falling behind on the "when its done" part.

I do use a kerosene heater. Always figured the smell meant I had been working hard [;)]. I don't have the AC for the summer. But I'm considering it. Just figured it wasn't money well spent unless I first insulated and sealed the place. Right now I open both doors and the window and turn on a fan in the summer.

What you don't see is there is a small tablesaw behind the door on the right. The front of the saw faces in. If I have to rip something long, I open that door and outfeed out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom