Mutli-sectioned Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerberpens

Here are some pics of my shop/storage/carport/etc.

We bought this house last year with the shop already built. The last owner built this shop in three different stages. The middle section was first. Then he added the carport second. And later, to finish it out (or balance the overall look) he built the section on the left. It ALL has concrete for the flooring!

2005433114_Shop%201.jpg

The section on the left holds the lawn tractor plus my basic shop tools. With the tractor outside, there is plenty of room. But with the tractor in, it gets a little crowded.

2005433228_Shop%202.jpg

Here is a close up of my lathe and turning tools. I use the PSI TurncrafterPro, and I know it is not a Jet mini, but it has served me well so far. Also, I am NOT a member of PMG, but I printed out the logo to inspire me as I turn. Some day though ...

200543359_Shop%203.jpg

This bench is were I glue the blanks and assemble the pens. It is the back portion of the middle section of the shop.

20054331613_Shop%205.jpg

2005433623_Shop%204.jpg

Thanks for looking and your comments are always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Nice shop. I just wish I could keep mine anywhere near that clean! I didn't see a dust collector. Do you use one I couldn't see? If not, how do you keep the shop so nice?

gerberpens

Thanks for looking so quickly at the photos. I do not have a dust collection system at the present. However, if you look closely in the 2nd pic for the little red shop vac, it gets a lot of use. I wear a mask while turning/sanding and then use the vac to clean things up.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by gerberpens
<br />Thanks for looking so quickly at the photos. I do not have a dust collection system at the present. However, if you look closely in the 2nd pic for the little red shop vac, it gets a lot of use. I wear a mask while turning/sanding and then use the vac to clean things up.

Yes, I saw the shop vac. I am really impressed. My 19 year old turns with me, and I think he is allergic to the shop vac on/off switch. [:(] I occasionally give up, open the door and cut loose with my leaf blower. [:0]

Happy turning,

woodwish

Gary, very nice shop. Good to have a shop to close the deal on a house. Nothing's worse than moving into a place and immediatley having to build one. Looks like you have laid it out nicely, good organization. What part of the country are you in? You should think about insulating those walls, finishing the interior walls, and adding AC/heat. Also makes it easier to keep clean. It is nice to have a refuge that is climate-controlled all year round!

atvrules1

I love the leaf blower comment. I've been know to turn the air conditioner to high, open windows and cut loose with the air hose. Just have to warn the neighbors so they don't think a fire is breaking out.

Fleabit

Nice layout! I took over the two car garage when we moved into our house, but I am rapidly being overturned by the one who does not like her car sitting in the sun[:(]. Sigh...will have to come up with a solution soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom