More pictures of the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Thanks Robbie for the info....I will order one!!!! I think we ought to have a "show off your shop" section....this is great!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

Why do you need so many saws and planes? Just kidding. Nice shop. Is it hard to remember where everthing is? My shop is a quarter that size and some times I go get new bushings because I forgot where I set the other ones at.

Last edited:

robersonjr

Thanks all, Mike, glad to help.

Well I will be out of commission for a few weeks, have my right hand in a cast from the tips of my fingers to my elbow. Had an anurism removed from inside my palm this morning . Since I am right handed this really sucks. Not only can I not play in my shop but i was asked to fly out to tht USS Stennis soon, guess that ain't gonna happen. That really sucks. This typing with only my left hand also sucks, oh well guess I'll make the best of it. On the bright side, the little wondewrful woman helps me with everything. Well gotta go now, need to go to thr BR. Robbie

robutacion

Oh, I can see a lot more than just a work-shop in there...!

As a man's cave, that is one of the best examples I ever saw, in fact, I once, was making a living out of a work-shop half that size and with a lot less workable gear but, what I see, is the atmosphere of a place that not only cost many thousands of dollars to built but has a nearly infinite sense of skill/experience and workmanship that all those old tools provide.

Just image if it was possible to know and see the talent that once was behind those old tools...!!!:eek::)

What a great place to spend your time...! and or anyone's time.

A life time of work, no doubt..., well done, mate...!

Good luck with your hand...!

Cheers
George

robersonjr

Thanks again .all the wood is in the room at the rear of the shop. As far as to what I collect, so long as it is an old tool and will fit somewhere, I'll put it there. I agree, if those old tools could talk, the stories they would tell. An older gentleman once told me, we do not own these tools, we are but their care taker. When you think of it, he was correct. These tools will be around long after I am gone so I will do my best to properly care for them. I do wonder why some of these tools were treated so poorly before I aquired them, it makes me feel good to clean and repair them, I enjoy that as much as displaying them. Well good day to all and thanks again. Robbie

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I do wonder why some of these tools were treated so poorly before I aquired them, it makes me feel good to clean and repair them, I enjoy that as much as displaying them.

I agree.. I get a kick out of picking up a chunk of rust, cleaning it up and
finding a hand plane buried in there. Sometimes a nice one, too. Some
people say "don't restore them! You destroy the value!" but what is the
value of a rusty chunk of metal that won't function? It is worth much more
as a working tool, brought back to it's glory. Besides.. if I really need the
cash, I'll leave it out in the rain for a week and then sell it to a New Yorker.
:tongue:

robersonjr

I also believe a tool should be usable even if some say it's more valuable left alone, most times that renders them usless. Clean them, repair them, make them usable and enjoy them. Hand saws should withstand an earthquake...unless it's a really big one. sq footage is 1200 ft. plus the 2 store rooms, one 8x16 the other 10x 28. If I ever need more room, I just finished a 12 x 24 out back, but it will not be heated nor cooled like the shop. My little buddy is a 12 year old Maltese who dosen't let me get out of her sight. She has not been doing well last couple weeks, the Doc has her on all sorts of pills, breaks my old heart. Also just got a yorki pup the other day, my brother breeds them so he gave me a little girl. She is 100mph all the time but sure is a cuty. Mom says he is gonna be a squashed cuty if dosen't quit pi@#$%$# in her house. I know she will learn but sure seems to be stubborn. Robbie

moke

Robbie--
I was re-looking at your set up and noticed a "Delta" something or other I am not familar with...If you are facing the front of the unisaw and turn 90 degress right, there is a Delta logo on whatever this is....
Sorry---bad case of curiosity!!

Andrew_K99

Last edited:

robersonjr

Moke, sorry about the delayed response, been without my computer for a few days. But good old charter has me up again. Andrew is correct, Thanks for responding Andrew. Got this at a yard sale in Bullhead City for $10. It was new and I just couldn't pass it up. I'm glad I got it, it works great and the price was awesome. Robbie

kruzzer

Entirely too neat and clean.. now this is the for show where is the real on you work in...
or are you a master of photo shop. and yes I'm jealous as hell..

robersonjr

You are right David, this shop does have more stuff than my house, Your Dad would know, he has been here plenty of times. Wish he could come out again, mabe you could come with him someday.
Rich, it is only clean somedays, right now it is dirty as he%&. The little woman sure gets peeved at me and little Pippi (dog) for draging all that sawdust in her clean house. Actually for the last couple days it has been plastic from making Christmas pens. Oh well, gives her something to do.

dgelnett

Looks like you have the whole garage plus some more up front. I was only able to negotiate 1/3 of the garage. Will you give classes on the art of negotiation?

robersonjr

Well Ken, most was tracked into the house where I instantly got in trouble with the wife. The rest went into the vacume system and then in the burn barrel. It's that part that gets tracked in that keeps me ducking.

robersonjr

Yes, woodworking is just my hobby, so is collecting old tools. It's hard for me to pass up a yard sale where tools ard displayed. I love geting an old tool, cleaning and repairing it to bring it back to a usable and useful tool. I know I do not need 200-300 hand planes but none the less they are hanging on the wall along with 50 or 60 hand saws, and all the other treasures I have collected over the years. I also like the new stuff as you can see. I just don't know what my kids are gonna do with all this stuff when I'm gone, they will probally spend a year cussing me for having all this just for them to get rid of. Oh well that will be their problem, for now I am enjoying it. I work for the US Navy, 28 years active duty and so far 15 years of civil service. I still travel quite a bit, sometimes more than I like but I do enjoy my job. Will be in Berlington Vermont next week, San Diego Ca. and Yuma Az. next month and Japan in Jan and Feb. Then after that mabe stay home for a while and make sawdust. Thanks all for the kind words. Robbie

Top Bottom