Mobile Lathe Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

A few years ago, I remember seeing an article or video of a mobile lathe stand for a Jet1221VS. The stand was used for demonstrations, was collapsible (with the lathe still on it), had large wheels and could be rolled up to the back of a car/van or truck and easily put inside the vehicle w/o removing the lathe.

Does anyone remember this stand and if so, do you have a link? I am looking for the plans or a video so I can make one for my 1221VS.

Thanks,

jpw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I don't know if it's the article you're thinking of, but I remember one in American Woodturner (the AAW monthly magazine). If you're a member of AAW you have access to all the back copies on the website.

KenV

Related--- Bonnie Klein had her midi mounted on the bottom of a wallmart grocery cart, and hooked on one of the portable stands used for construction saws and chop saws.

Chips fell through the holes in the cart bottom, and the whole thing folded and rolled away.

magpens

I use one of those construction saw or miter saw portable/folding stands that Ken just mentioned. . The top-side cross members have through holes for bolts to hold your lathe securely.

walshjp17

Thanks everyone. The Dec. 2015 AAW Journal article is what I was looking for. You guys are da best!!:bananen_smilies051:

Top Bottom