Mighty-Might 4" Table saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

HF has one of these and was woundering if anyone has one and how they do.
Thinking it would be a nice alt to my 12" chop saw for small items.
thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark,

I have one, used it for lead for stained glass.

I believe it is grossly underpowered for wood.

If one of our "searchxperts" stops by, you can find about a half dozen threads on it - but searching results and I are mutually exclusive - sorry.

its_virgil

It is the same one that PSI sells and is a piece of junk. The motor bogs down cutting through a 3/4 inch blank. I have one that is now a door stop with a burned our motor. But, this one is sweet, although pricey.
http://tinyurl.com/9a386
do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by Mark4583
<br />HF has one of these and was woundering if anyone has one and how they do.
Thinking it would be a nice alt to my 12" chop saw for small items.
thanks

leehljp

Member Liaison
I bought the HF Mighty Mite and it does NOT have enough power for 3/4 blanks. WARNING: it is the same basic saw as the PSI, However, the PSI and HF have different arbor sizes. I wanted the carbide tooth blade and ordered one from PSI. It is not the same arbor or at least it needed an arbor adapter, which was not included.

Don, Thanks for that link. I am looking for a good small accurate hobby saw. It is expensive but it looks like what I am looking for. I will have to wait about 3 or 4 years to retirement back in the States.

CORRECTION:
I just checked HF and PSI and <b>both</b> list the Mighty Mite/Micro as having 1/2 in arbors. I will have pull the little saw out from storage and check the blades again. The blade from PSI had larger arbor holes than the one that came with the saw. It has been 1 1/2 year since I looked at it, but I do remember making a direct comparison and shaking my head at it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by Mark4583
<br />Any way to upgrade the Motor?

Not that I can figure. The base and everything is built around the shape of the motor. Only if you are rebuild a stronger motor within the current motor housing.

Mark4583

Maby if I can find a smaller table top table saw that I can find a nice thin blade for, I just hate leaning over my cabinet saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom