looking for someone to make a narrow tool rest...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chugbug

Hello all,

I'm looking for a tool-maker / welder that would be interested in making up a narrow 3" wide tool rest for me. The longest one I've been able to find is 4" which I have, but it's too wide for my purposes, and I want a shorter one.

It doesn't have to be fancy-- unless you want to make it that way. It can just be two pieces of round bar made into a T. The only stipulation is that it needs to be 3" wide, and fit a 1" nominal diameter post hole.

I have a 4" wide tool rest someone made for me out of 5/8" round bar-- he use the 5/8" bar for both the tool rest and the post for my midi lathe, and that one works fine, so the same 5/8" rod can be used for the horizontal bar on the 3" wide tool rest.

If anyone has the capabilities and would be interested, you can PM me instead of tying up a thread for it.

Thanks...JEB

John E. Brady
JEB's PENs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Rick Herrell made a tool rest for me a while back. Everything he does is custom - so you can specify how long you want it. Good work, and easy to do business with.

chugbug

Thanks!

Hi Guys, Thanks. I touch base with them to see if they can help me out.

Cordially...JEB

chugbug

Nice idea, but can't. The 4" rest I mention made from 5/8 round bar also has a 5/8" post, and I use that one on my midi lathe. I want the 3" wide for my larger lathe with a 1" post. The 4" rest I use for that one is a Delta brand with the wide curved rest. It would take forever to cut or grind that one down. Besides, I still need it for wider work.

Thanks for asking...JEB

cnirenberg

Jeb,
I had Rick make something for me and it has worked like a charm. You won't be dissapointed. I have a few other things that I may have him do so PM him quick!!!!

Top Bottom