Live center problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Luff

I've been trying to remove my live center to install my new drill chuck for 30 minutes now and there must be something I don't get.

I can,t pull the livestock any further (picture)

And I popped off the cap from the bearing while trying really hard to pull it. Can it be pressed back on?

Please help I finally have ecerything to get started and my lathe don't want to cooperate
fa99b1d684f9051733f915f38aabd55e.jpg
ffc1a376add2fa5adfa3eff8898cd4c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'll take a stab- did you try to use the knock out hole from the back through the knob? And yes, normally you can press the front of the live center back on. Of course, you could change the bearing now if it is noisy.

Luff

I can't turn further than this. And tried to push a 1/4 rod through the wheel hoping it would work. I hit it with an hammer but nothing...

I bought the lathe used couple month ago. It's the first time I try to remove it and maybe the last owner did'nt removed it either. Rust could jammed it I guess?

I'll try lube and heat

Luff

Thanks you everyone.

Problem solved by my machinist friend on phone.

He said to turn the wheel.

I said the wheel was at max

He said TURN THE WHEEL STRONGER

Pop!!!

[emoji16] just got to change my bearing now since it make a clik sound my the dumb strenght I applied to it

nava1uni

Clean out the inside of the tail stock to remove any burrs and dirt that have built up over time. Make sure that the outside of your live bearing also has no burrs .

Top Bottom