lathe tool storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

When I walked into woodcraft and saw the $100 price I could not let that go!

Probably closer to $200 just in the hardware!

Last edited:

preacherman

If you got that for 100 bucks you should feel a little guilty! That's a great find. I'm going to remember that when I build my next shop cabinet, it has some great features.

It's a nice cabinet, and the price was certainly right, but looks a little cumbersome for me... first wouldn't fit in my shop anywhere, second, the turning tools aren't near the lathe for when you need them they're across the shop...

That said, My ex-father in law had a cabinet very much like that that he kept his tools in.. he wasn't a turner, but had all of his wood working tools in one cabinet... it had leaves in it almost like a book that held everything he needed in one place... would have liked to have had that when he passed away, unfortunately he was in CA and I was in TX then.

Reactions: TDE

endacoz

It is on very nice casters so it isn't too hard to move about, but I am having a hard time figuring out where to place this thing in my shop. With the doors all the way open it needs 8ft! I is only 20" which is nice.

I'm thinking I might need to change the whole layout of my shop, which might not be worth all the effort as that would consume my time instead of turning.

Guilty? I'm not guilty :D Right place right time.

stonepecker

You are so lucky I didn't see that first.

Wait till I see JAY or Chris........going to remind them that they have my phone number. And then kick them in the shin.
I wouldn't kick any higher.......could cause brain damage.
lol

Sprung

Now that is a great find! At that price - if I had seen it first - I think my wife would've let me try and squeeze it in the minivan!

Very nice way to organize everything.

Top Bottom