Lathe I want.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
You can make some mighty long pens with that...

The bowl lathe intrigues me, if Vega is Made in America, why does it have Chinese characters on it?

woodman928

You better look it over real good as the last time I looked at the Vega lathes they had solid head shafts and required screw on centers. Nice spindle lathes and good machines.

I had an edge sander and want to buy another one but the lathe had to many drawback other than for stuff that you would need the duplicator for.

It is a great duplicator I had one of those also (a 36" one) and boy was it a money maker.:D
Jay

woodman928

Originally posted by 1JaredSchmidt

The price is $1,500. What do you think? [?][?][:p]

Jared
If you have the money I would jump on it like I said that duplicator was one of the best investments I made in my shop. It made the most profit of any price of equipment in my shop including the CNC. There are a lot of things that need to be duplicated (chair parts, stair banisters, table legs etc. etc.) just let the word out and you will be as busy as you want especially with that length. [^][^]

Jay

nwcatman

Originally posted by Grizz

What is cheap? Cheap to you may be really high to me.;)
yea, i got the impression also that he was going to pay $5,000 plus for the lathe and calling it cheap. i just dropped $3100 for a transmission rebuild and i'll be crying about it for the rest of my days.[xx(]

nwcatman

The price is $1,500. What do you think? [?][?][:p]
i think if it will encourage you to stay home and tear up wood instead of seeing how fast you can destroy ur brain cells elsewhere ur dad is a smart man and it is a hell of an investment. stick with it.

1JaredSchmidt

Now it's Lathe I Got. Man it's awesome. We're gonna get it set up on Saturday. Can't fit it in the shop yet. I'll get some pics on when we get it set up in the shop. You can turn outboard and the spindle is 32" above the floor. You can turn a 15" bowl inboard but with the duplicator set up you really can't. Thanks![:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

palmermethod

Yea long lathe. Hope I have room for it. That is IF I get it.:D:D

Great deal Jared!
BTW: My wife's family grew up in Gordon Wisc which I think is close to you. I"ve fished the rivers and flowages up there for many years. What great Country>.

cowchaser

Now it's Lathe I Got. Man it's awesome. We're gonna get it set up on Saturday. Can't fit it in the shop yet. I'll get some pics on when we get it set up in the shop. You can turn outboard and the spindle is 32" above the floor. You can turn a 15" bowl inboard but with the duplicator set up you really can't. Thanks![:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

As the old saying goes....No pics didn't happen. :D

Top Bottom