Lathe Gloat----Yippeeeeeee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Just arrived ----Powermatice 4224---3hp---24 inch swing.
For those big pens or large bowls. Bought this from the good folks over at Amazon.com.Hope to get it set up over the weekend.

200551402938_poweone.jpg

200551403039_powertwo.jpg

200551403142_powe4.jpg

200551403237_powefive.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Way to go Gary! I can't see the pictures that good through the drool. Now we need to see some of the product that comes from this new toy. [:p][:p][^]

Gary Max

Mark I will send you a email and show you the site that I will be posting at. It's going to be a couple of weeks till I have the time. Right now I am covered up building Furniture.

JimGo

3HP? Is that all? Pah...it's nothing compared to my TurnCrafter Pro!

yes, that's pure jealousy talking. Nice lathe!

swm6500

Gary, that is a lot of lathe for us midi and mini lathe users. I would not know what to do with something like that. Congratulations on getting it, you obviously make a whole lot more than pens.

Daniel

Congrats, that is a big investment glad you where able to make it. hope it pays off in the work you are able to do on it. I'm working toward a oneway 1640 myself.

M

Mudder

Very Nice machine.

I hope it gives you many years of great service.

Gary Max

Oh the guy in the picture is the truck driver---I am twice his size with gray hair--old--lazy--retired.
Geee it rained today--could not mow the yard.
Guess I will just get my lathe together--moved across the shop.
At 950 lbs that was a job by itself. Hook the wiring up--already had the circuit ran. Clean the cosmolean off.
Talked the wife into helping install the stupid feet that had to be treaded from the bottom. You would be surprized how easy it was to pick the lathe up with a 3 ton floor jack.
All in all four hours for everything--except the new lighting.

opfoto

Wow really nice. Congratulations on the new Lathe.

Could've left it on the truck, and started the 1st annual IAP forum members only "borrow my lathe" program. Where do we sign up?? [:D]

Scottydont

Congrats! My local WMH refurb seller had one of those with a 60" bed extention on display for $3000 bucks a few months back. What a monster. If I could just convince da' wife. [;)]

Gary Max

Scott---That would be one heck of a buy, The bed extension is something like $1,700.00.When I get this paid off---I may buy the outboard bowl extension--maybe. What was my big lathe --a Delta 46-715 would swing 14 inchs which was almost big enough.
So this has a 24 inch swing---I am thinking this will be all I ever need.I wanted the extra weight and the speed control is unreal. You can start a bowl at 150 rpms if you are out of balance.
Daniel---I looked real hard at the 1640-- real sharp machine.
This cost me less and is a lot bigger lathe. The Powermatic weighs in at 950 lbs.

53Jim

It must be nice to have a wife that will help set up your toys. My wife says "It's your toy, You set it up."[:(] I do have an 18 year old son, but if it don't have whells and an engine, he ain't interested.

Congrats, and have fun.

Gary Max

Jim it is great to have a wife like mine. She also does all my finish work on furniture. Heck she even builds my pens for me.
Oh before anyone ask---her sister are already married.[:D]

jdavis

Very nice lathe. They make good machines. Will turn nice size bowls and vases. Congrats on the pirchase. You will be happy with it. Happy turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom