Laser Operating help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

So I recently ordered the laser below.
DIY Violet Laser Engraver-254.60 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

It arrived and I assembled it with no issues.

I watched and followed this video to try and setup the software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PijjOQbtZo

However the issue I'm currently having before I can get very far is that the USB isn't being recognized. I've swapped it out and having the same issue. Below are pictures of the messages I'm getting. I'm not a techie, which was my concern about getting the laser, however I can usually figure this sort of thing out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks! No installation CD came with the laser. There is software available from the Gearbest website but it seems like the Benbox software hasn't had too many favorable reviews.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 458
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Go to the GearBest website and get their software ...

Go back into the driver installation and select browse your folders to get to the GearBest installation directory ...

Find the Drivers folder or the driver INF files that you need and install.

After that, you can delete the actual SOFTWARE but don't move the drivers ... alternatively you can pull the driver files themselves out of that directory and stick them in a new directory in your hard drive so that they are out of the way, and install them from the new directory, and delete the entire software package from GearBest. Don't forget to uninstall the GearBest software as well.

Install the software package of your choice, after this, and the computer should still recognize the hardware.

southernclay

Thanks guys!

Gregory that may be the way to go but hoping there's a way to stay the route I've gone but may be fighting an uphill battle. Not sure I would know any difference between the driver vs actual software. Good plan B though!

Thanks Michael, the video had a Google+ forum recommendation but not a google plus member but that forum looks good. When I get a free night this weekend I may just need to spend some time reading on it anyway.

southernclay

Warren,

I found a better software package while watching a YOUTUBE from JORDWOODSHOP. I is called LaserWeb3 and it is much easier to use than what came with the laser. Also, he walks you through installation and setup from start to finish. Also all of the links are on his video page.

Here is the link to that
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PijjOQbtZo&list=PLBFh7Sq0DmVpLhWnSRy1Nx99XMXsIs1mh

Hey Elwin!

That's the same video I posted above that I followed, I just can't get the USB to work or be recognized in order for it to work. You didn't run into that issue?

southernclay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PijjOQbtZo

Check this video out concerning setting your machine up to use LaswerWeb3, which you can get for free ... it's software you can use to control the engraver.

Try plugging your USB cable into a different USB port ... sometimes the USB controller is not properly connected or compatible.

That's the same video I posted as well. I've tried to USB cords and two different ports. Both ports work with a mouse.

Elwin I will look into what you posted, that may be the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

GDGeorge

Another really useful forum for these things is benboxlaser.us. Check out T2 Laser software among other things.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom