Laser engraving machine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Po

Hi:

I am thinking of buying a small laser engraving machine with rotary attachment for home use. It will be used to engraved my wooden boxes and also pen blanks.

Would like to seek advice from fellow pen turners where I can learn more on this process and also at the same time recommendation on which type of model and brand I should buy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

designer

Like most equipment now days, there are two ways to go. American or China basically. There are a few European and Canadian brands as well. Epilog is supposed to be good but you will pay accordingly. Redsail makes almost all the Chinese branded lasers. Epilog says there 40 watt unit will do the work of a 60 watt from overseas.

Is engraving all you will be doing, or will you also be cutting with it?

Edward Po

Like most equipment now days, there are two ways to go. American or China basically. There are a few European and Canadian brands as well. Epilog is supposed to be good but you will pay accordingly. Redsail makes almost all the Chinese branded lasers. Epilog says there 40 watt unit will do the work of a 60 watt from overseas.

Is engraving all you will be doing, or will you also be cutting with it?

Thank you for your reply, I suppose if it is possible, I would like to used it for cutting too so long that I am able to used it at home.

As for brand or country of origin, it is not important, although Far East manufacturers will stand a better chance of being selected because I am also located in the region and it very easy and cheap for me to fly directly to these manufacturers for first hand testing etc.

Regards

Badfrog

I have a K40 (cheap chinese 40W)... we use it every day for our business - it works well. We had a few issues with it initially; loose wires primarily but once we got past that it has been a workhorse with no issues.
I plan to get a rotary attachment for it soon...

Top Bottom