Kirk's Shop (and Doghouse)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

Here are a couple of pictures of my workshop in progress. It is a 12x20 and at this time only used for penturning (or living quarters if I get in trouble :D). I have other woodworking equipment but I am having so much fun with pens that I am going to wait to put them in the shop. I have lots of room! Eventually after the electicity and walls are up I will build a reloading bench in the back. Then I hope to make some pens using pistol and rifle cases. The orange cord running to the shed is my present source for electricity so I have to be careful on what I can have on at the same time :(. Kirk [8D]

2004118224231_DSCN0682.jpg

2004118224248_DSCN0683.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Nice shop, Kirk. It is about the size of mine, which is a small single car garage. Looks nice and clean too. Are you going to put some insulation on the walls? Winter is coming. What kind of heat are you planning on? Well, real good, enjoy !

jkirkb94

Fred, most of the insulation is up already. Mainly the front and back panels need it. That is what some of the pink rigid insulation is for. Due to my electricity restictions, I'm limited to a small free standing heater I got at WalMart. It has helped on the few cold nights we have had so far but I need to get the rest of the insulation up! Kirk [8D]

Daniel

FAAAANCY! and portable to, you must be ready to get into some real trouble with the wife. It looks great though. very clean and neat, to clean in fact. you sure your a penturner?
Seriously. when you go to do the electrical think about a 220 circuit. it doesn't require any more work, only a little more money and when you get tot he shop you can split it to have two 110 circuits. that way your heater or air conditioner can run on it's own. I don't know about you but I only use one piece of equipment at a time so having everything on one circuit is no problem. but the heater is always on and I like them to have there own power source. maybe share with the lights but that's about it.

jkirkb94

Daniel, thanks for mentioning 220. I am going to put some 220 plugs inside. Im still deciding if I will put my radial arm and table saws in the shop. I will convert them to 220 if I do. I guess I should leave some room for a cot just in case.[:D] I hope to put some more banks of lights in also. Thanks to a wireless network I can use my laptop inside. Our Labrador Retreiver lies outside the shop when I'm inside. Faithful old girl! Kirk [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom