Jointer push pads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JRay8

I want to make non slip push pads for the jointer but am at a loss as to what to use as the non slip pad on the bottom. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Board, with low rounded block for a handle on top, and a strip of wood glued in a dado across the bottom at the back. No pad. The wood strip hooks the end of the board being jointed. Main thing is to not joint short boards and don't pass your hands over the cutter head.

Rick_G

You will need 2. one for the front of the board and one for the back. Shelf liner is good, most mouse pads I have come across are not non slip enough.
these are what I use and at $5 each I can't be bothered building them. Buy Push Pad at Busy Bee Tools
If you do build your own make a handle like that. Your fingers wrap around it and if for some reason it contacts the jointer blade and gets kicked back you hand goes with it and doesn't drop into the blade

TonyL

how about those tacky rubber pads that prevent your cell phone from slipping off of the dash?

jttheclockman

Harbor freight. Can buy the push pads or get just about any thickness rubber you want to make some custom ones.

JRay8

Those plastic ones are really inexpensive but I think I still want to make them. My favorite thing to make are shop jigs and fixtures.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Home Depot, Lowes and others have a section with chair/sofa glide slides. The same section has anti-slip feet and pads. If you want to make your own, check out the anti-slip pads available there or search online. Use a good spray adhesive. Don't get ones that are too thick or heavy as those will have a tendency to pull away from the wood base.

Top Bottom