Jet Mini-Lathe Stand for JET 1014VS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerGarrett

Hi,

I have an older model Jet Mini-Lathe, JWS-1014VS that had the option for a stand. That stand model number is JETN708354

I've googled it, checked eBay, and contacted Jet itself to no avail. If anyone knows where one might be obtained, please let me know! I'm not opposed to making a stand - but I think the one that was designed for it would be preferred.

Thanks!
Roger Garrett

Attachments

• Jet Mini Lathe Stand.jpg
    Jet Mini Lathe Stand.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I bought a Jet 12" bandsaw for a song about 2 years ago.
Practically brand new. Not a mark on it.
Runs like brand new still.
I wanted a stock fence for it, but couldn't find one.
So, I bid my time & checked all around.
The after market fences were ridiculously priced.

One day, I was on Ebay & poof! up it popped. I snapped it up for another song & installed it recently. It was *NOS in the still sealed original box.
This is for a bandsaw made 13 years ago.

Take my word for it, it will eventually pop up when you least expect it, and usually on Ebay. Believe me when I say there are hoarders out there that don't even know what they have.

I am sure you will find one and sooner than you expect. :)

*NOS = New old stock

conandy

If you take a day or two and build your own stand, you can make it so that it can incorporate storage and adjacent work surfaces and casters, etc. It is almost always worth the time and effort to make one yourself.

RogerGarrett

If you take a day or two and build your own stand, you can make it so that it can incorporate storage and adjacent work surfaces and casters, etc. It is almost always worth the time and effort to make one yourself.

As I said, I'm not opposed to making one, and I already have a temporary solution in mind. But I would like to have the correct stand for it.

Thanks.

shastastan

I actually have one. It came with the lathe. I'm not using it or the 1014vs now. I'm going to give it to my son. I'm using a 1221vs now and built my own cabinet for it. It's nothing fancy, but I really do use the storage space underneath. I added plastic storage boxes. In summary, I like the cabinet much more than the stand. I would offer to sell you my stand, but the shipping from Calif. to Illinois would be too much. Actually, I would like to get rid of the stand because it's using space that I need.

Attachments

• 1221_cabinet w.jpg
    1221_cabinet w.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 522

David350

I have had a few items over the year where I had no luck sourcing them. I put a "saved search" on eBay and in several months to a year later they popped up. If you haven't used that before, once you create and save the search, you will automatically be emailed when the item you are looking for has been listed so its a nice time saver...

Top Bottom