Jet help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rcd567

Yesterday I picked up the bed extension for my older (2008) Jet 1221vs. Today I opened the box and attempted to mate it to my bed. Not even close. It's two inches taller, is wider, and the holes are way off.

I've no doubt it would fit the current 1221vs model. But does not come close to mine. Mine is an older model with the switch and vs know on the end of the left side. Motor is stamped 2008. I hope I can return it. The store had to order it in.

Anyway, do any of you know where I might find a bed extention for the older 1221vs? Please let me know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Try Ebay. I bought a Jet 12" bandsaw awhile back, but it did not have a fence with it. I looked for months and finally I got lucky one day on Ebay.
Someone was selling a factory fence for it, still sealed in the box.

JimB

You should first call Jet and find out exactly what you need such as model number for the bed extension. That way you will know exactly what you need.

Rcd567

... my older (2008) Jet 1221vs.

Are you sure? AFAIK the 1221VS was introduced as a brand new model a couple of years after that date.

Maybe you have the 1220VS -- like THIS ONE -- not the 1221VS?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! That is my lathe. I took the bed extension back and the shop owner said it was probably a 1220vs. He did say they no longer make a bed extension for it. :( He also said he'd check around to see if he could find one.

Thanks for the help.

duncsuss

Sounds like the store took it back without a fight -- always nice when they go beyond what is their legal obligation, makes you want to continue buying stuff from them.

Hope you're able to find an extension bed -- there might be some other lathes that are structurally identical (such as PennState, ShopFox, Rockler's own label, etc.) apart from the color of the paint job, it's worth looking for beds branded by other companies if you can't find a Jet part.

Rcd567

Sounds like the store took it back without a fight -- always nice when they go beyond what is their legal obligation, makes you want to continue buying stuff from them.

Hope you're able to find an extension bed -- there might be some other lathes that are structurally identical (such as PennState, ShopFox, Rockler's own label, etc.) apart from the color of the paint job, it's worth looking for beds branded by other companies if you can't find a Jet part.

Yeah, no muss no fuss. Course I bought my lathe and a bunch of tools and wood from them. I'll pay a little extra to buy local because you can't beat the service.

jttheclockman

Jet does not make the 1220 lathe any more and they do not make the bed extension for it either. Maybe check ebay or watch craigs list. I remember there being a few that sold here over the years. I also remember someone mentioning the Turncrafter extension may fit that lathe but not sure. I think that is only a 14" extension though. Memory is not too good but you may want to look into this.

Woodchipper

I'm wondering if an extension for another lathe might work. Many lathes are made in the same factory with different paint jobs.

Top Bottom