Jet 17” drill press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

The last real tool I want to add is a quality drill press. My HB small model has seen some serious miles and has always had run out issues. My Woodcraft in Huntington Beach will have it on sale over thanksgiving so time to ask around.

If you have one let me know what you think about it.

Thanks in advance for your opinion and time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Good luck. Can't help on the advice but wish I had bought a larger DP. My Rikon bench top DP has too short a travel for drilling pen blanks.

TonyL

I have the Nova Voyager. A bit pricey but, in my mind, well worth it. Take a look:

Looks like a beautiful machine. I am glad that you are enjoyng it. Do you find it to drill straighter/truer holes?

Thank you.

Drill Press

I have an almost new Powermatic but if I had it to do over again I would buy the Nova, no question. I paid as much or more for the Powermatic as you would the Nova and it's light years better.

StanBrown

Looks like a beautiful machine. I am glad that you are enjoyng it. Do you find it to drill straighter/truer holes?

Thank you.

In the reviews the reviewer took some very precise measurements. He found a very slight runout and was able to pin it down to the chuck and not the spindle. The spindle was very tight and exact. Having said all that, I have to say that for my purposes I don't notice any runout or variation in the hole at all. The variance would have to be a lot higher before I would notice it.

So far I am extremely pleased with it. I would have trouble trying to overstate my recommendation.

Top Bottom