I Have A Gloat ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

I recently obtained a Rim Chuck made by ChickandDuck Manufacturing. I absolutely couldn't be any more pleased than I am right now. For anyone that turns bowls and platters and ever has a need to re-dress the bottom then this is definitely the way to go. This Rim CHuck is far superior in every way to a set of Cole Jaws. One of the best things is that you do not have to put it together and add the jaws to a chuck only to have to remove them later so that you can use the chuck ... what a pain!

I apologize for not being able to offer my own pictures, but the photographs in the following article are just as good, if not better than any I could ever take myself if my digital camera was here.

Go here and look at the device and peak your own interests. They are expensive, but then again are not all our great tools? :D

http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/Rimchuck.pdf

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

It is similar to the Longworth Chuck BUT it is definitely much, much better and far easier to use. They are in the process of developing a chuck adapter that will allow the Rim Chuck to be mounted into the jaws of a four jaw chuck and that will eliminate having to remove the Nova chuck (or what ever you use) from the lathe to mount the Rim Chuck.

The mass on this thing is something else. I turn off the lathe and it spins far longer than without this nice black hunk of metal attached. It is extremely smooth turning and grips much better than any of the jaw mounted Cole Jaws I have ever encountered. Using this device is safer, quieter, and easier to use than anything else I could begin to compare it to. Dang, I sound like a car salesman, but trust me I am definitely not a salesman of anything! [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom