How's that mini laser engraver working?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Neededwill

Sorry just saw this, well it seems the company was taking over 2 weeks to process my order so I contacted them. They said they will find out and get back to me. Well they did by canceling my order. I called them and all they would say is my order was cancelled. So I just said I guess that's a sign.

So never got to try it and didn't put more effort into it.

Neededwill

12 mins could be slow but for a $100 hobby laser it works for me. I am not sure how deep, I still have to adjust the laser with each piece since the height is different on the pens. I will try the lettering probably this weekend.

raar25

Do you need to rotate the pen or just do it in one plain? If you rotate it how is it done since the laser does not have a rotorary head?

chartle

Do you need to rotate the pen or just do it in one plain? If you rotate it how is it done since the laser does not have a rotorary head?

Interested in this also but it would be fairly easy to hack. You just disconnect the stepper motor from the y axis and attach it to a jig that rotates the pen.

Probably have to fiddle with getting the right rotation distance but the speed the laser moves would be the same the pen should rotate.

Neededwill

I didnt rotate it, I just sat in on a v wedge and let it run, I wanted to see if it could do to the edges without rotating. Still need to experiment more but so far it seems it will do what I need it for.

I dont sell my pens, I give them away and people just give me donations for the material cost, love this hobby!!

But if I was selling them I might be more critical on the quality.

Top Bottom