Hey! It's a start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
:eek: WTH Chuck !!! It's taken you so long to build this that you now have weeds growing from under the tiles!!! Geesh, get a move on!!!:biggrin:

Just kidding of course, It's looking very good!! Bet you can't wait to move in..:biggrin:
:biggrin: Looks bad doesn't it? :redface: It's actually food for the rabbits that have taken residence underneath. :biggrin: No time for trimming Steven!:biggrin: Thanks , yes getting very anxious. Have pen ideas!

That came out really nice Chuck. Do you have any tools in there yet?
Thank you Mike. Yes, I have some tools in there.
Table saw
Circular saw
Drill
Jig saw
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yesterday, all primed. Funny thing, I got paint to match the house. The primer color on the smart-siding is the same as the trim on the house. Good people at Lowes were able to match the colors for me.

All painted today. I think I'll install the windows next.

Attachments

• IMG_1542 (2).jpg
    IMG_1542 (2).jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1543 (2).jpg
    IMG_1543 (2).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 173

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks good Chuck, I like the sign. Did you make it, if so how? Router, CNC, carve?

Mike
Thanks Mike. I traded one of my Alabama pens to a member in Alabama. He made it with a cnc router. I liked the 3D pen and, paper. I've had it for a couple of years now. I lost his name and contact info. If it comes back to me I'll post it in this thread.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks good Chuck, I like the sign. Did you make it, if so how? Router, CNC, carve?

Mike
Thanks Mike. I traded one of my Alabama pens to a member in Alabama. He made it with a cnc router. I liked the 3D pen and, paper. I've had it for a couple of years now. I lost his name and contact info. If it comes back to me I'll post it in this thread.
David Warkentin (nsfr1206) made the sign for me. Also made a lamp with clear acrylic. Engraved Mine and, Susannes names. Alight in the base of the lamp shows our name. Cool lamp. David works construction and, puts in long ours during the season. But, he does nice work as, you can see.

Ok Chuck have you made a pen is there yet? Gotta know...
LOL! Not yet Mike. Couple more weeks maybe.:redface:

In a couple more weeks the heat and humidity in Indy is going to be killer, it will only be a little worse two hours south where i'am at:) I just about shut down here in July and August. In the mid 90's and 90% humidity is not fun. But if I just finished my new pan cave I would be out working in it any way too;)

I did a lot of flat work before, I would finally get to my final sanding before finish and have a huge drop of sweat fall and just about have to start the sanding over. I have a heater for winter, maybe someday an air conditioner.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

In a couple more weeks the heat and humidity in Indy is going to be killer, it will only be a little worse two hours south where i'am at:) I just about shut down here in July and August. In the mid 90's and 90% humidity is not fun. But if I just finished my new pan cave I would be out working in it any way too;)

I did a lot of flat work before, I would finally get to my final sanding before finish and have a huge drop of sweat fall and just about have to start the sanding over. I have a heater for winter, maybe someday an air conditioner.

Mike
You're right.....it's going to be killer hot soon.:rolleyes:I plan to push it next week. That A/C may have to go in pretty quick. It's terrible what one drop of sweat can cost you. BTW, got your Buffet tickets yet?:biggrin:

Mike
You're right.....it's going to be killer hot soon.:rolleyes:I plan to push it next week. That A/C may have to go in pretty quick. It's terrible what one drop of sweat can cost you. BTW, got your Buffet tickets yet?:biggrin:

The Buffett shows are a bone of contention in my house the wife won't go anymore and won't let my go by myself. The last show I was are was about 4 years ago, before that we were at 15 straight years, man I miss those.

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Gee Chuck, It hits mid 90's and 90% humidity you will feel just like you were back in FLorida in early springtime.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Gee Chuck, It hits mid 90's and 90% humidity you will feel just like you were back in FLorida in early springtime.
:biggrin: LOL! I distinctly recall our little meeting in Marshalls shop. My shirt was soaked in 20 minutes. I won't let it get like that here. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Mike

The Buffett shows are a bone of contention in my house the wife won't go anymore and won't let my go by myself. The last show I was are was about 4 years ago, before that we were at 15 straight years, man I miss those.

Mike
I was stationed in Key West in '65 I'm pretty sure he was the guy sitting around town playing his guitar. But then, there were several of those. It's amazing he's still doing it.

wizard

Awesome!!

Chuck,
WOW!! That looks awesome !!!
If I could give you a bit of advice ...
Get a really....REALLY good strong A/C unit even if it costs a bit more. Really takes the fun out of it when you are uncomfortably hot!!.
Looking good!! Wait a minute... missing something...isn't there supposed to be a gold center band encircling the cave:biggrin:
Regards,
Doc:)

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck,
WOW!! That looks awesome !!!
If I could give you a bit of advice ...
Get a really....REALLY good strong A/C unit even if it costs a bit more. Really takes the fun out of it when you are uncomfortably hot!!.
Looking good!! Wait a minute... missing something...isn't there supposed to be a gold center band encircling the cave:biggrin:
Regards,
Doc:)
Thank you Doc! I'm glad you like it. A good A/C unit is in order. :wink: You've caught me again, making a project without a center band. :biggrin: I think about 16" from the bottom ring would be suitable.:biggrin: Don't you?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Outlets wired in, waiting for "Call Before you dig" to mark the property. Going to put door stop strip inside the doors and, add foam strips today. Some paint on the door jams. Maybe pick up an A/C unit.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Insulated!

Got the walls insulated. I had enough left over to add some over head. Haven't yet figured how I would do it. I am open for suggestions if, you have any.:) Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• IMG_1549 (2).jpg
    IMG_1549 (2).jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 218

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
will you insulate the ceiling or the roof? I went back and looked at the pictures you have vents which mean insulating at the ceiling. No help to hold it up while you staple it ? You could leave an access hole and put it in after putting dry wall on the ceiling.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

You are still thinking like a Floridian. You went for A/C. That's good for the couple weeks out of the year that it's hot enough to need A/C in your new sub artic environs. But what about the 7 months out of the year when it's too darn cold? What are you doing for heat?

If you are going to insulate the roof with the same stuff you used on the walls make sure you don't create a problem with moisture condensation.

Ed

stonepecker

Maybe he is going to wear extra long johns and stay warm that way. LOL

Have to have heat there .... that is a given. No matter what you do, insulation in the roof is a must if you plan to use it at all in the winter. Now I will say that the size is going to be easy to heat. but to 'hold' the heat is going to be a problem.

I am watching with interest as I hope to see something new.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
will you insulate the ceiling or the roof? I went back and looked at the pictures you have vents which mean insulating at the ceiling. No help to hold it up while you staple it ? You could leave an access hole and put it in after putting dry wall on the ceiling.
My intensions were to use the foil covered cellafoam panels like the shed in FL. which IS insulation. Now, I have two 40 ft. rolls and, a partial, left over. The cellafoam is the 4'x8' sheets. I think I can lay the insulation in as I go. Then, the last sheet will be 2' wide and, I can glue it onto that piece to hold it in place while I nail it up. OR...I can use drywall for the ceiling.:biggrin: Yes, I'll have my brothers help. (again):)

You are still thinking like a Floridian. You went for A/C. That's good for the couple weeks out of the year that it's hot enough to need A/C in your new sub artic environs. But what about the 7 months out of the year when it's too darn cold? What are you doing for heat?

If you are going to insulate the roof with the same stuff you used on the walls make sure you don't create a problem with moisture condensation.

Ed
Ed, apparently you haven't spent much time in Indiana, in the summer months. :biggrin: Two days ago, it was hotter here than in North Port. :frown: It will last until September. Long enough to justify A/C. To answer your question about heat, I'm posting a picture of my Cave Furnace. 240 volts & 4800 watts. It has a built in thermostat and works very well. Used it last winter in the garage.:wink: Thanks for your help.

Maybe he is going to wear extra long johns and stay warm that way. LOL

Have to have heat there .... that is a given. No matter what you do, insulation in the roof is a must if you plan to use it at all in the winter. Now I will say that the size is going to be easy to heat. but to 'hold' the heat is going to be a problem.

I am watching with interest as I hope to see something new.
YES, I have long johns :biggrin: I think the extra insulation will help hold the heat better than just the cellafoam panels. It wasn't a problem in Florida but, it's different here.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1550 (3).jpg
    IMG_1550 (3).jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 130

Ed McDonnell

240v / 4.8kW!! You sure that won't set that little shed on fire?

I always laugh when the folks up north call in the summer to complain about their heat and humidity and then close with "at least we aren't in Florida where it's really bad!!". They are sweating it out in 100+ heat and 100% humidity and we're comfortable in the 80s with the comfy trade winds blowing. At least most years. Not so much this year.

When are you going to start stocking up on salt so you can keep the path to the shed de-iced?

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
240v / 4.8kW!! You sure that won't set that little shed on fire?

I always laugh when the folks up north call in the summer to complain about their heat and humidity and then close with "at least we aren't in Florida where it's really bad!!". They are sweating it out in 100+ heat and 100% humidity and we're comfortable in the 80s with the comfy trade winds blowing. At least most years. Not so much this year.

When are you going to start stocking up on salt so you can keep the path to the shed de-iced?

Ed
Good little heater. I like the control switch on it. It is adjustable so, you can set it to your desired level. Yeah, we have some special folks here in the north.:biggrin: I'll be buying salt as soon as it hits the shelf. :redface: Then clean the spark plug in the snow blower. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Any pens come out of there yet Chuck? I don't see any sawdust... ;>)
Nothing....absolutely nothing Mike. And the frustration is building :redface::rolleyes:
It looks great Chuck....Swimming pool and tennis court on the right or the left???
Thanks Rich, there will be no time for recreation. :biggrin: It's looking like an ice skating rink will be there before it's done.:redface:

Top Bottom