Have Picture, did happen (lathe)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

In the thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/buy-not-buy-lathe-121747/#post1658577 I mentioned that I purchased a Turncrafter 10" VS off Craigslist.

This is what I bought for $275

Turncrafter 10 VS.jpg

It included a pen press, adjustable mandrel, two tool rests, a set of horribly sharpened carbon steel chisels (gouge, skew, parting tool), 2 slimline pen and 3 slimline pencil component sets, a 7 mm pen mill, two types of eye protection, a 5 roll pack of sandpaper, and 5 pre-drilled rosewood blank sets.

I ordered a #2 MT dead center and a #2 MT to Jacobs 33 taper adapter for my drill chuck.

Haven't turned anything with it yet. I need to build a stand for it. Still keeping the little Ryobi ML618 I started with. It has been, and is a fun little machine.

Couldn't pass up the chance on the Turncrafter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Very nice buy.
Brian, unless you have your heart set on building a bench......I might have something you can have. I need to make room in my shop.....LOL.

plantman

Brian; The starter kit that you have there sells, on sale, for $107.00 alone. The lathe, on sale , sells for $349.95. Lathe plus starter kit in a package deal, on sale, runs $387.95. Any way you look at it, it's a good deal. Even better if you didn't have to pay shipping. If it is less than 3 years old, it my still be under warranty. Jim S

Brian G

Wayne, thanks for the offer. My space is getting tighter, so I have to plan dual purpose stands for things. I have a stabilization setup that needs a home, so I'll combine the two.

Jim, the invoice showed that it was purchased in Feb of 2014. The young man tried five pens and didn't have a good experience. I suspect he thought he was going to make money hand over fist and got a little ahead of himself.

No doubt that I snagged a bargain. :) I have some flatwork projects to finish before I turn another pen. Getting to use the new lathe is my incentive to get the flatwork projects done, like some display stands for those 30 pens in the background.

Last edited:

Fay Prozora

OMG! That is almost a steal for all of that stuff. Holy cow you done great! I need to get or find a bench or a stand for my lather too as I cant change the speed on mine because the thing is so heavy I can't move it to get to the back door! I can get to the side door fine but not the back... Grrr. So when I make things unless it is a pen and that is about all I have been doing on mine beside practicing on coves and beads and captive rings and the like... That lathe looks so clean and almost in new condition. Let us know how well it works... Fay

Top Bottom