Good price for a vega 36 duplicator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrashmanS

I have someone wanting to sell me a 36 vega duplicator. Needs taken apart and cleaned and lubricated but its all there. Its one of those deals were they want me to make an offer. What is it worth? Any issues i need to be aware of?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

They sell new today for $725 and I saw somewhere online a price of $550 new in 2012. I have no experience with it though. You might want to check Ebay or Craig's List to see what it might sell for used.

Last edited:

Lucky2

How often do you think you would use it? If not often, then it's not worth much. Sure it is to the owner, but why would it be worth much to you? Especially, seeing as how it's not working as it should. The best I would offer would be about $200.00, because its already been used a fair amount. If it hadn't been used much, it wouldn't need to be cleaned and greased. Think twice, before buying someone else's junk.
Len

dogcatcher

Do you have a good reason/use for buying it? I have some real good bargains that collect dust most of the time. They were a good buy, but mainly now they take up space in my shop. I have 2 duplicators, one a small one for my Taig that I use to make doll size "stuff", I use it about 4 or 5 times a year, for several days at a time. It has become a necessity when making the same thing 25 times in row. The other was another bargain, I got it for a special project, it has not been used in the last 10 years.

Wildman

I can only echo what other folks have said, and would add once you mount that on your lathe pretty much a P.I.T.A for turning anything else.

Work at a place where two lathes (Oliver Mod 51B & Delta 1460) were set up with both long & short duplicators. Used for porch & stair case spindles, and split turnings for furniture.

Unless you see yourself doing some production turning would not pay more than $100. Taking on and off the lathe and set up a P.I.T.A.!

CrashmanS

You guys! You have made me lose complete interest in something I would probably never use. Thanks a bunch! I really didn't want any thing that long. I was looking for more of a midi sized duplicator for Christmas ornaments and mass produced pens. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom