GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumbs

Some of you probably read my praise for the Wolverine Sharpening System and jig setup a while back. Today, I received some heartbreaking news![B)] ( I know some of you will laugh and rejoice in my misfortune, but I will share this anyway! )

I got a new PSI catalog today..... On page 62, PSI has introduced their own 4 piece sharpening system! FOR $100!!!!! It looks like everything I got in the Wolverine system for at least $50 less.!!!!#@$$^*@!&&&*^![}:)];)

Somebody better check this out! In person and fast! It almost looks like a patent ran out! I'm thinking about another already! Sheesh!

Oh, BTW, Paul's centering vise just got more economical, too! The PSI version just went up another 5 bucks in this catalog!:D[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

That pic is kinda weird of their finger nail grind jig. Looks like the gouge is through about 6", I'm used to the 1.75" on the wolverine. It doesn't bother me at all that I spent more money on the wolverine, it made turning, well sharpening, so much easier and more enjoyable it was worth every penny. [:D]

Travlr7

Hey BOB:

As a fellow owner of the Wolverine................It is worth the difference to have had it for as long as I have had it. It has saved me that much and more in mistakeproof sharpening.

Bruce[;)]

Thumbs

I agree guys, I wouldn't have been able to turn much in the last couple months without my Wolverine system! I could have whittled and hacked but not turned! LOL! I know there are some who would say that's all I do anyway.
This does look like a real good buy to me! And there are some who would disagree with that, too, or anything else I say. Their loss![:)]

woodscavenger

I made my own fingernail gouge jig and the day I finished it my wife gave me the real deal for my birthday. She had gone to the wood store and the salesman remembered wiping my slobber off of it. What a great wife!![:D] I do need to buy the skew attachement. I love the system.

Bart

Penn State is real good at appropriating other peoples designs they sold Exaktor's table-saw guard & dust collection system for a while & now you'll notice that they have one of there own that looks very much like Exaktor's. It seems that money is the only thing that counts now days. It doesn't matter what you do to another small businessman's business & living.

You might look back & see if Penn State sold the Wolverine system for a while it would be nice to know if this is a trend they have adopted.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Bart
<br />Penn State is real good at appropriating other peoples designs they sold Exaktor's table-saw guard & dust collection system for a while & now you'll notice that they have one of there own that looks very much like Exaktor's. It seems that money is the only thing that counts now days. It doesn't matter what you do to another small businessman's business & living.

You might look back & see if Penn State sold the Wolverine system for a while it would be nice to know if this is a trend they have adopted.

It's called free enterprise. Part of what made America great. Competition stimulates economy.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Travlr7
<br />Hey BOB:

As a fellow owner of the Wolverine................It is worth the difference to have had it for as long as I have had it. It has saved me that much and more in mistakeproof sharpening.

Bruce[;)]

At our woodturners club meeting Saturday, the host was asking for help in using his Wolverine system. For skews and straight scrapers it gave an uneven grind. The advice from more experienced turners. "Freehand". I sharpen freehand and don't really see the point (pun unintended [:p] ) of a jig.

MDWine

Thanks, Thumbs!
After talking to you and Tom at Grizfest, I got my own wolverine... but I ain't cryin'! It really makes a difference! And it was some fun building the table top (platform) for the grinder stand.

I likee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom