Glueboard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jonjon

Sometimes simple things make routine processes a lot easier.

I decided to make a glass glue up board for gluing with CA.

I 3D printed the brackets and scavenged the glass from a small printer scanner that had quit and the board was a piece we had.

It is actually very nice to glue on a surface that is flat and square. It is easy to scrape the excess off the glass with a razor which I have attached with a magnet embedded in the board. It beats trying to scrape the drippings off the tablesaw or my dad's work bench. The hole is for hanging it out of the way.

Attachments

• Glueboard.jpg
    Glueboard.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I hate you young nippers... :wink: Always thinking ahead of me!

Very sweet, cool, awesome or whatever phrase is "in sync"!

Be well (Old fa-t phrase).

Woodchipper

I use old newspapers. Use and recycle. If you would see our newspaper, that is all it is good for anyway. Alas, I don't have a bird cage.

David350

I do all my glue ups on a 16" X 24" silicone baking sheet I bought off Amazon for about $15. I just let the CA or epoxy dry and they both easily peel off... You can also clean it with IPA or acetone as its pretty chemical resistant too... David

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome! Are the edges rounded? I use a coated paper plate, over and over and...etc. One time a friend of mine cleaned my bench off, and threw my plate in the trash :rolleyes::biggrin: Caused me to go to another plate :biggrin: Didn't really matter though. I soon quit making pens anyway.

KB8JXO

Call me old fashion, but I use quality wax paper. But glass is an excellent surface for hand sharpening tools on.

Top Bottom