Freud discontinues the Diablo blades?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I went to their website this evening to find the Diablo blades and get the correct model number and they have no Diablo blades on their site anymore. And when I came here and searched up the model number again it too wasn't found on their site.

[V][V][V]

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Greg:

Why don't you send them an email and get the complete skinny? Maybe they are just updating their web site and you caught them in the middle of it or maybe they are revising the product line and don't have the new information up yet?

I went through that kind of thing with JET for quite a while. The old mini was removed from the site for several months before they added the information on the new one. In fact, I'm still not sure the JET web site is fully up to date.

alamocdc

Greg, if they are discontinuing them, you might want to pick a few up from one of the big box stores if you can. They may come out with a replacement blade, but they may not.

karlkuehn

Banned
I'm a big Diablo fan myself. At work, we regularly buy Matsu'sheet'a (heh, the cuss filter won't let me spell the real name, please insert the 's'-word for sheet for proper spelling) and other high-end finish blades in the neighborhood of $100 for stair rail components, pre-finished hardwood cabinet trim, and clear-grain trim work. We've found that the Diablo blades are just as great, at about half the price. We regularly have our blades professionally sharpened, and once the Diablos come back after the first 'real' honing, they are as precise and last as long as the more expensive stuff. It would be a shame to see these fine blades get discontinued, but I guess that's one way for Freud to sell some more of their expensive stuff. I can't imagine that they've not had enough sales to continue supporting the blades, but like all corporate America has from time to time, they may very well have a bunch of suits making stupid decisions to save a buck while eliminating a gaggle of loyal customers.

Stupid suits. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom