Foot Switch 20 Amp with Piggyback Cord

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:

You all helped me find a replacement switch (which I ordered...thank you!) for my 15 Amp rated foot switch. I am would looking for a 20 amp rated on-off, footswitch with a piggyback cord.

I found several WITHOUT the piggyback cord - maybe there's a reason for a 20 amp rated units not having one.

Thanks for helping me with my search.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Tony, not sure what your intentions are but those switches are designed to only control one device at a time. I have seen people use those adapters and plug a shop vac in to turn both on at the same time.

The only tool in my shop I would use them on and I have them on is my scroll saws. Because they are constantly stopped and started. I just am not comfortable with being able to step on a switch to turn a tool on. Too many possible scenarios can wrong.

jttheclockman

Again Tony, still not sure what you are trying to do. But those switches are not as heavy duty as a wall switch. You can go with an industrial grade one. You can go with a remote control switch/ outlet setup. Good luck in your quest.

TonyL

Thanks JT.

I am trying to find, then connect a foot switch to my dust collector which has a 16 amp motor. This foot switch will only serve this (one) dust collector.

I will keep looking...thanks!

TonyL

Thank you. No, I haven't probably because I searched on footswitch...never thought about remote! One on my DCs is 1.5 HP and 16 amps. The specs near the top of the image state 20 amps, but the detailed specs below say 15 amps. I will research, but glad to hear that yours is working out for you. Thank you again!

campzeke

I think the 20A piggyback cord will be hard to find. You could use a standard 20A foot switch and hardwire in into your dust collector either replacing or wire it in parallel with the existing switch. That way you get the footswitch you are looking for and only have one wire on the floor. Make sure the wire size to the switch will carry the 16A your dust collector requires. If it is a long run you should increase the wire size.

Top Bottom