Flat top tool rest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crayman

Was ordering a offset sanding jig from Rick Herrell and saw the flat top tool rest. Cannot believe how much easier it is to use carbide tools. No more guessing if I am level, hold it flat to rest and more into the piece. I am embarrassed putting such a nice tool rest on my lathe [emoji15].
7ea86c36c638f981ddd06764d35477ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oldtoolsniper

Was ordering a offset sanding jig from Rick Herrell and saw the flat top tool rest. Cannot believe how much easier it is to use carbide tools. No more guessing if I am level, hold it flat to rest and more into the piece. I am embarrassed putting such a nice tool rest on my lathe [emoji15].
7ea86c36c638f981ddd06764d35477ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

As you may be able to tell by my nickname I buy old woodworking tools from online auctions or wherever I find them.

I much prefer the tools that someone actually used. They are tools, not ornaments. I'm more inclined to take advice from the guy who uses the tools and they look like it. Tools were meant to do work, like hands they get scars.

You should take pride in that lathe.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Nice addition to your lathe. As far as the lathe goes, it looks well used, but not abused. I was watching a YouTube video last night and the guy was doing some interesting work but the ways on his lathe were totally loused up with rust. It pains me to see tools like that.

RobS

Rick's tools are awesome, I've convinced 2 of the people here at work to order from him and they all love the offset sander. I also love the flat top tool and need to order a few more in different lengths.

Top Bottom