Finally have dust collection for my table saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

It has taken me a while to carve out time to do this, but it is done. Piece of Baltic birch between the saw and stand with a Rockler 14" plastic 4" fitting. Bolts were reinserted between the stand and saw nicely. I used a 4" 90 degree fitting to change direction from straight down.

8AC34C0E-13ED-4DA9-80EA-BA0438AC09D0_zpsagwnuek9.jpg

Not a perfect fit, but highly effective closure on the motor side. It is held on by rare earth magnets.

ADC01D65-D04B-4346-9C84-C4021BC84F07_zpss1cxaurv.jpg

This pulls out the dust so well I wondered if the blade was cutting.

440EE55B-ADA7-42B6-B3F6-15004216D17C_zpsdahmjl1m.jpg

Almost know dust anywhere. All of you who have been doing this for years are my inspiration.

Skie_M

Looks great ...

If I ever get round to making my wood shop, I'll be picking up the 5 micron 2HP dust collector from Harbor Freight for about 240 dollars... It'll bag up to 13 gallons, I think?

At the moment, my table saw is STILL IN IT'S ORIGINAL BOX from 2 Christmases ago when I bought it as a gift to myself, lol!

Finally did some tuning on my band saw and it's cutting true ... already set up a zero clearance blade insert, and next up is a fence... after that it's time to put it on it's final home - a metal cart that I can pull out and move around anywhere in my shop when it's ready. I'll be doing the same thing with my sliding miter saw.

Perhaps I'll be caught up to you guys sometime next year? We'll see... but you're looking great! :)

jttheclockman

That dust collector looks like it can suck the grain out of the wood.:):)

I had done something similar but did not close in the back because I tilt my blade a lot and that would prohibit it. I at one time was thinking of using some sort of flexible material that would expand or contract as needed. But I found just the hose underneath is enough for me. What I also found that being I use zero clearance table inserts that dust stays on top too. That is why they make those fancy over arm dust collectors that attach to the blade guard. But I deal with it.

You did a good job and hopes it works well for you for a long time and you get many enjoyable hours out of the saw.

Top Bottom