Father Daughter Dance Songs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

So my daughter has given me orders to surprise her with the perfect father dance song at her wedding. I have been doing web searches and listened to lots of Pandora songs and have not found the right one. Looking for something a little off beat or appropriate. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

"Daughter" John Mayor
"There goes my life" Kenny Chesney
"Deuces Are Wild" Aerosmith just because every occasion needs an Aerosmith song
"Never Gonna Be Alone" Nickelback

"Home" Blue October (if you have not heard it LISTEN TO IT)

howsitwork

"Hymn for the children" _ Barclay James Harvest
Or how about "Lifted" - Lighthouse family?
"Proud"- Heather Small- really powerful lyrics to challenge her?
"Three times a lady"- The Commodores
Or "Three times a lady" - Chris de burgh

Good luck with the speeches

D.Oliver

I just noticed this was in the "Shops, Jigs, Fixtures & Tools" forum, but you're okay as long as you pick lively song. The jig, after all, is a lively dance!

Cwalker935

Despite my fat fingers getting this into the wrong forum, you guys have offered up some great suggestions. Added some to my list of possibilities. Thanks so much.

Jim Smith

Add my name to the list recommending Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. It is a beautiful song that tells the story of a dad and his beautiful daughter as she grows into a young woman and marries. I sent a copy of the song to my daughter who cried when she heard it.

Jim Smith

D.Oliver

Despite my fat fingers getting this into the wrong forum, you guys have offered up some great suggestions. Added some to my list of possibilities. Thanks so much.

I was just giving you a hard time. :biggrin: The though crossed my mind that maybe you did it on purpose trying to be punny, with jig being a synonym for dance and all.

Cwalker935

I was just giving you a hard time. :biggrin: The though crossed my mind that maybe you did it on purpose trying to be punny, with jig being a synonym for dance and all.

I had not noticed that it was in the wrong thread until your post. I was using an iphone when I posted and the combination of a small screen and a fat finger put it here. I cannot dance so the thought of dancing a jig was far from my mind. I have been referred to as a "tool" on occasions and not in a good way. I may become a fixture in my shop if I don't get it right so upon further thought this might be the right forum after all.

Top Bottom