Engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wthomp

What kind of fill ( paint, gold-leaf, etc, etc, etc, ) do I want to look for if I am interested in highlighting an engraving on a pen? Will Thompson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Will, I've also seen a crayon being used for that. You color over the engraving, filling the letters. Any excess is buffed off with a soft cloth. Lemon Pledge is added to a soft cloth and is rubbed over the letters. The Pledge hardens the crayon wax to become like plastic. Any color is possible.

laserturner

Great idea Bruce. I've never heard of that .
Laserbits (www.laserbits.com) is where I buy my colorfill. It's basically an acrylic paste consistancy paint. Whenever I need a color they don't supply, I'll go to Michaels and buy a tube of Liquitex artists acrylic paint. Seems to work as well.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by laserturner
<br />Great idea Bruce. I've never heard of that .
Laserbits (www.laserbits.com) is where I buy my colorfill. It's basically an acrylic paste consistancy paint. Whenever I need a color they don't supply, I'll go to Michaels and buy a tube of Liquitex artists acrylic paint. Seems to work as well.

Ken, knowing that you don't do no junk, I'm sure the Liquitex you mention is a much better product than the acrylic paint I have been buying from Wal-Mart. WM being my only local source for that sort of thing, I have given up, for now, doing the filling bit. My results have been dismal. Finishes over the paint make it smear. Without finish it wears off looking at it cross-eyed. Next time I ride the mule out of town, I'll look for yur Liquitex. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom