Easy Wood Tools Handles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

My tools Hanau are shipping as we speak :biggrin:.

I really liked the handle on the Easy Wood Tools Easy Rougher I had previously.

Does anyone have the dimensions for the handle?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I believe the EWT tools come in 3 lengths - which version are you interested in?

I only have the mini EWT rougher & finisher - I'll be glad to measure mine if that's the one you're looking for.

Edgar

jleiwig

I believe the EWT tools come in 3 lengths - which version are you interested in?

I only have the mini EWT rougher & finisher - I'll be glad to measure mine if that's the one you're looking for.

Edgar

I think the Midi, but at this point I'll take what I can get and use my imagination for the differences.:biggrin:

Skie_M

That site told me this:

Handle: 14" Maple
Tool Bar: 3/8" x 7"
Overall Length: 21"
Max Reach: 3"

This tells me that the actual tool bar is longer than 7 inches, since you certainly want it seated well inside the handle ... the minimum handle diameter must be greater than 1/2", since a 3/8" bar fits inside it ...

Turn a handle with a 3/8" hole 4 inches deep, and around 6 - 12 inches long, wide enough to fit comfortably in your hand and you're good to go.

oldtoolsniper

This is the mid sized one I believe. I have the small ones too if you need that. If this isn't what you are looking for as far as dimensions let me know. If it's not clear enough tell me where to measure and I'll post that too.

The bottom section is the diameters within a 16th or so.

9828bf88f6eedcd2e59b20933ab559a0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Not as detailed & neat as the Midi EWT post above, but here's the profile dimensions on my Mini EWT Rougher and also on my larger Bowl Pro tool.

The photo perspective on the EWT tool is a little off - the 26mm dimension is just behind the ferrule, the 35mm dimension is at the fattest part of the handle, the next 26mm dimension is between the first two burn marks and the 30mm dimension is the fat part at the end just before tapering off. The 8.5" length is from the end of the ferrule to the end of the handle. Not shown is the bar length which is 4" (includes the ferrule length).

The Bowl Pro is a larger tool, similar to the full size EWT tools. I didn't include the dimensions on photo, but the fattest part near the ferrule is 36mm, the narrowest diameter is 25mm, then it simply tapers up to 40mm for the largest diameter at the end before tapering off. Overall handle length (excluding ferrule) is 16.5" and the bar (including ferrule) is 8".

Attachments

• EWT Mini.jpg
    EWT Mini.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Bowl Pro.jpg
    Bowl Pro.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 177

jleiwig

This is the mid sized one I believe. I have the small ones too if you need that. If this isn't what you are looking for as far as dimensions let me know. If it's not clear enough tell me where to measure and I'll post that too.

The bottom section is the diameters within a 16th or so.

9828bf88f6eedcd2e59b20933ab559a0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom