Easy to Use Half Face Respirator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

I have a 3M half face respirator that I can use with a combo particulate/organic filter that does a good job, but the respirator itself is kind of clunky. It has a two web strap that goes on the top of the head, and the hook system for down by the neck is hard to latch, I'm not sure what they were thinking. The biggest drawback is that I can't just release the top strap and drop the mask down, I have to take it completely off.

I'm looking for a recommendation on a model that latches on easily and I can drop down. I'd like it compatible with a combo filter as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I look for respirators with quick release hook or snaps and then one that fits my way of using. As Herb said, there are many configurations but you have to look for them and read carefully. I wouldn't stop until I found what I wanted.

Personally, I have found for myself, I will stop using safety equipment that makes the production difficult to make - and then look for something else, or ways around it.

Last edited:

vtgaryw

Sometimes it's hard to tell from looking at descriptions how one is really going to feel and fit.

I'm hoping someone has a specific model to recommend.

Thanks,

Gary

leehljp

Member Liaison
Which model are you currently using?

You want one that drops down. I had a couple when I was in Japan that did that, But over here, the ones I have, I have to lift up.

MRDucks2

I use the 3M 7502 in the photo. Sounds similar to the back of the head piece you do not like, but the comfort level is the best I have found for myself.
2b3fbab76007046b08ac9efc8dbe93be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom