Dust Deputy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Which Dust Deputy model do you have?
If it's the $100 version, any decent Shop-Vac will work.
I have a 6 HP, 16 gallon Shop-Vac that works wonders with my $100 DD.

It'll suck a bowling ball thru a garden hose...backwards.

:wink:

gtriever

Which Dust Deputy model do you have?
If it's the $100 version, any decent Shop-Vac will work.
I have a 6 HP, 16 gallon Shop-Vac that works wonders with my $100 DD.

It'll suck a bowling ball thru a garden hose...backwards.

:wink:

Agreed. I run one of the small DDs into a Ridgid 4-gallon wet/dry vac and another into one of the Harbor Freight 1HP Portable Dust Collectors. Both work equally well.

stonepecker

One other vac to consider. Go to your local vacuum shop and see if they have a used central vacuum system. I found one and it is wall mounted and runs quitter then any shop vac.

NVSB4

Herb has it right. You need to look for the smallest canister (there should be no dust going in it anyway) with the largest cfm available. This one from Lowes surprisingly shows as 145 cfm. Add the fact that you can put a HEPA filter in it instead of a bag and you've got a decent machine. Only downside is that it uses 1¼ hose, but that's only a short run from the vac to the DD.

Last edited:

NVSB4

That 145cfm seems a little high, wonder if it could be a typo

I wondered the same thing, but when I went to shopvac.com, they have a 6 gallon, 3.5hp unit that they show to produce 145 cfm. While not the exact same unit sold by Lowes, the cfm spec should be the same.

gtriever

Keep in mind Rigid Vacs from HD are (or at least were) garranteed for life.

I don't know what to think about Ridgid anything since Home Depot started phasing out the line. Which is a darned shame, because most of the equipment in my shop is Orange and it's been very dependable. I'm wondering where we're going to be able to find it now.

Top Bottom