Drum to construct 2 stage dust collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I have a Jet 1 micron dust collector and would like to upgrade it to two stage. To do that I need a source for a 40-50 gallon drum with tight lid that can be removed. I already have a source for the pair of 4" nozzles.

Where could I look for one?

Thank in advance.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

If you are near areas that grow fruit and berries there should be canning plants that get concentrated fruit from places like South America. It comes in 45 gallon drums with lids in steel or plastic. They sometimes sell them, especially the dented ones for a little more than the barrel deposit of $40 or so.

Ed McDonnell

Oneida Air Systems. If you need it, they probably have it.

https://www.oneida-air.com/inventory.asp?CatId={EFE9EEDD-447E-4AC8-8349-33B372D61DB8}

Maybe get a drum dolly as well. Those drums seem to get heavier as the years go by....

Ed

stonepecker

I got a 30gal grease drum from an auto repair shop. After they had it empty, I took it to a local carwash. The smaller size made it easier to use and handle when needing to be emptied. Made my own dolly to fit. 2x4....3/4 inch plywood....casters from Harbor freight.
We put the 'dust' in the flower beds. Because of the different types of wood, we don't use it in the garden. Newspaper and grass clippings between the rows of veggies keep the weeds down.

Be sure to post pictures of your system. Give the rest of us something to drool over besides your shop.

mmayo

Uline requires the purchase of two barrels so Amazon with free shipping won the battle. Rockler had the two through barrel top nozzles. All ordered and should be working in a week. Should be a nice addition for under $100.

Talltim

I went to Home Depot and got their 30 gal metal trash can. If you put a strip of weather seal around the edge of the lid it will work like a charm with a thien baffle in it. Whole thing was about 2 hours work.

-------------------------
"Good enough is the enemy of great."

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom