Drill Doctor question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm a very lucky guy. LOML buys me tools for Christmas. This year I'm thinking a Drill Dr would be mighty nice. My question is about which model should I ask for. Either the 500 or the 750. The only significant differences I can see are the size of the bit being sharpened (max 1/2" vs max 3/4") and the 750 has the ability to do different tip angles vs the 500's 2 diff angles.

I can't recall any kit pens that use a bit larger than 12.5 mm (just a hair under 1/2"). I do use a bit or 2 that are over 1/2" on non-pen projects but not very often. Also, the variable tip angle seems like something that's ok, but not really necessary. So I'm thinking the 500.

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

P.S. I have the 750, and I would not trade it at all. I may have thought a little differently after cutting my finger on a freshly sharpened 7 mm bit, but not now.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Many of the "full size" pens (Gent, statesman, Churchill, Cambridge, Emperor, Lotus, Imperial--there are more) use bits that are over 1/2". Then there are the "cigar holders" that are being introduced or small kaleidoscopes--all use over half inch.

FWIW,
Ed
(mine is limited to 1/2")

TonyL

I bought the 750 a few months ago. It's the most flexible in terms of options and bit sizes. I believe I paid 109 or 119 from Amazon.

OKLAHOMAN

The difference in price between the 500 and 750 pays for it self after sharpening just a couple of bits for the full sized component sets.

Top Bottom