Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

One of these. $10-$15
Machinist protractor.

c0a4c63095a80e2f4fb186c65e942721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

JPW062

Regring it. I'm not sure if the DD can handle it, but when I worked in a shop we had a different one that had more adjustments and I would take the really high quality HSS bits that were dull from th scrap bin and use it to regrind to 90*. They work great in wood.

Skie_M

All Drill Doctors have a fine tuning adjustment in the part that holds the bit to allow for a shallower or steeper grinding angle ... some Drill Doctors are set up for 118 degrees as well as 135 degrees, but those Drill Doctors that are capable of both common drill bit angles can actually accommodate grind angles from around 115 degrees to 121 degrees and 132 to 138 degrees.

doug6949 said:
The 135 degree point, though more efficient, does not work well without the additional facets of a modified split point. These additional facets substantially increase the cost of sharpening. The 118 degree point is still superior in some applications but is mostly used because it is cheaper to produce and takes less skill to resharpen.

It should be noted that if you get a Drill Doctor ... definitely invest in one that does 135 degree split points if you can get it.

Top Bottom